BP has an exciting Benefits Analyst opportunity, based in Sunbury, London. The role would suit someone already operating in the benefits or reward space and will support Associate Directors and Consultants in providing consultancy support on employee benefits within the Eastern Hemisphere. We are looking for someone who is a strong collaborator and team player, along with strong numeracy skills is essential. The successful candidate will provide analytical support to the oversight of BP's employee benefits (car plans, insurance, medical etc.) in the region.
- Provide accurate and timely support to Consultants, prioritising and managing conflicting demands
- Assist in the preparation of papers for Global and Country Benefit Committees and Trustee Boards.
- Compile data on BP's employee benefit plans for submission to benchmarking surveys.
- Analyse market data and identify material inconsistencies in BP's market position.
- Support the maintenance of the Global Benefits Database and provide reports from it as required.
- Generally support the Associate Directors and Consultants in delivery of projects.
- Proactively shares knowledge both within the Global Pensions & Benefits team and elsewhere in the Reward Function as appropriate.
- Covers BP's pension and other employee benefit plans globally, including the UK but excluding the Americas (c 50 countries). Role will have linkages to most parts of the Reward organisation (in particular C&O UK & Europe, C&O CMEA, C&O AsiaPac and local Benefits/Reward specialists) as well as local HR functions.
- Role will cover all segments
- Role will likely have some relationships with external consultants managing/verifying their work
Degree or relevant experience.
- Strong One Team behaviours with willingness to collaborate both within and outside the immediate team.
- Sound comprehension, analytical and numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Strength of character to challenge recommendations, suggest alternatives and manage expectations
- Good communication skills, including preparation of presentations.
- Ability to manage a varied workload prioritising conflicting demands.
- Commercial acumen to be aware of the bottom-line impact of pensions and benefits initiatives.