Special Needs Consultant
- Saudi Aramco
- Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Competitive salary package
- Change Management, Learning & Development, Organisational Development, Talent Management, Training & Development
- Job Level
- Contract type
We are seeking a Special Needs Consultant to join the General Education & Partnerships Division (GE&PD) of the Academic Programs & Partnerships Department.
GE&PD is an educational and outreach program-based organization that is excellence-driven, and citizenship-oriented. The strategic objective of GEPD is: to develop and enhance corporate partnerships with the Ministry of Education, and collaborate with other reputable educational entities, to raise educational standards in the Kingdom. GE&PD meets this objective through improving the skills of the Saudi teachers and students in STEM, life skills, and English; with a focus to increase the talent pool that will be the source of Saudi Aramco’s future workforce.
GEPD develops and provides educational services through the following functions/units: Model Schools Outreach Educational Programs, Education Research and Development, and Educational Planning and Support.
Your primary role will be to act as the focal point between GE&PD and the external special needs school operators. The main responsibilities of the consultant would include advising the external operators and GE&PD, quality assurance, coordination and communication of status updates, and progress reports of the Special Needs Center activities.
As the successful candidate you will hold a master’s degree in special education or its equivalent in special needs services, from a recognized and approved university program.
You will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in special needs education practice and administration, including at least 5 years in a leadership/supervisory role managing programs and services. You must have strong leadership and communications skills. You should possess excellent organizational skills and must pay strong attention to detail. You will be able to demonstrate strong board level coordination skills. You must have strong computer skills (MS Office; Excel is a plus). Bi-lingual in Arabic and English is highly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Maintain the Special Needs Center Governance model.
- Execute quality assessment visits and reviews.
- Liaise with government entities, operators, accrediting bodies, and Saudi Aramco Human Resources as required.
- Submit progress reports to Saudi Aramco management.
- Coordinate board and technical advisory meetings.
- Take a strategic overview of all forms of support designed to ensure special needs students achieve educational success.
- Ensure that special needs students have the support required to make good progress.
- Maintain and renew contracts with school operators as required.