HR Project Manager
- Close Brothers Asset Management
- London, Liverpool St office
- £Competitive + benefits + bonus
- HR Manager
- UK & Eire, London
- Job Level
- Contract type
At Close Brothers Asset Management, we believe that everyone should think ahead, have a financial plan and invest wisely. We provide a complete financial planning and investment service to professionals, business owners, retirees and other high net worth individuals, and multi-asset management to financial advisers, trustees, consultants, family offices and charities. Central to both propositions is our award winning, institutional-quality investment capability.
Close Brothers Asset Management is part of Close Brothers Group plc, which is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking and securities trading in addition to wealth management services. Our strategy focuses on the relationships, services and expertise through which we aim to build leadership in our specialist markets.
Today, Close Brothers Group plc employs over 3,000 people, principally in the UK. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a member of the FTSE 250.
As the Project Manager within a small dynamic fast paced HR team, you will be responsible for planning, tracking and delivering all HR related projects. This would involve an individual either co-ordinating the cyclical activity of the team or managing key initiatives for the team. This role would suit an individual that has a real aptitude for planning and organising combined with advanced Microsoft Office. It is likely that the individual will have about 5 years’ plus work experience within HR.
- You will work closely with the Head of HR, Lead HR Business Partner and the Learning & Development Business Partner in order to deliver all HR related projects and co-ordinate the team’s activities, acting as the central point and go to person.
- You will take the lead in managing new initiatives and the agenda on diversity and inclusion activity.
- You will create, initiate and manage all HR MI and interim reporting on HR team activity e.g. risk reporting, Manco packs, Group newsletter, and management dashboards.
- You will be a member of the Policies Working Group to oversee the roll out of amendments to HR policies.
- You will need to have an interest and understanding of the implication of regulatory changes that affect HR to ensure our compliance e.g. T&C, SMR.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that we have signed job descriptions from regulated individuals as well as managing the communications of the rescreening process for regulated and sensitive roles.
- You will support the team in co-ordinating responses from the annual employee opinion survey.
- You will manage the compensation cycle in terms of ensuring that the team have a good understanding of the compensation timetable which includes ensuring that we have our compensation data submitted in time to the Group.
- You will be responsible for renewing our Terms of Business with recruitment agencies and ensuring that they are fit for purpose and compliant.
- You will manage key HR projects as they arise that have included Flexible and Agile working, GDPR, Intranet design.
- You will work with the key stakeholders in the team to decide on annual team activities and keep a calendar of this activity up to date.
Regulatory Responsibilities (Compliance/T&C)
- Demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management taking account of outcomes for clients
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Advanced Microsoft office skills incl. Excel (e.g. pivot tables, bell curves, MI creation) and PowerPoint (creating a visually appealing corporate presentation from scratch)
- Organisational and planning skills
- Analytical and numeracy skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team working and diplomacy skills
- Ability to motivate and engage people