Ashley Kate HR are pleased to be partnering with a large Manufacturing business based in Tunbridge Wells who are looking for a People Manager and will pay a salary of up to £40k.
This is a new role and an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a standalone role but within a large business. This is a generalist role and you will be given full autonomy on your business area providing not only an operational service but a guidance on how to move the business forward strategically.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provide a proactive generalist HR service to the site leadership team, to other teams and to employees encompassing: employee relations, communications, resourcing, people development, performance management and rewards
- Take the lead of all aspects of recruitment and selection
- Assist with operational and other improvements as required
- Contribute to the improvement of strategies, policies and procedures
- Ensure that effective labour planning takes place
- Assist with the management of Learning and Development, including appraisal management and course selection / allocation
- Provide advice to Managers as part of the annual pay review and management bonus processes
- Manage all required labour reporting and other HR reporting for the business
- Support and implement performance management processes and practices underpinning organisational improvement - including goal and objective setting and review
- Support training and development initiatives and to undertake formal and informal coaching / training sessions as required
- Support employee engagement initiatives across the business
- Assist in the development of broader HR strategy, policies and procedures, either locally, on a UK basis or a divisional basis
- Consult with employee representatives as required in order to effectively deliver change - on budget and to time
- Be self-sufficient at overseeing JHR administration including pay and contract related items
- Undertake or to support additional and specific HR projects as required, either locally, on a UK basis or a divisional basis
- Assist in improving data quality, setting KPIs and ensuring effective utilisation of systems and procedures
To be considered for the role you will need to be a strong HR Manager from a manufacturing background. You will be a generalist who is an effective influencer. You will have a strong understanding of labour management and also be CIPD qualified to level 5 or equivalent
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialises in the recruitment of HR and Finance professionals nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.