Based Central London
80 - 100k base salary plus bonus and benefits
Full time with flexibility for 4 days a week
Are you an experienced and hands on HR executive with an excellent understanding of professional services looking for a fresh challenge and an opportunity to really make an impact?
Are you a commercially and intellectually smart individual who would relish the opportunity of owning the people agenda in a successful growing business?
Are you a facilitator, collaborator and change driver who is not afraid of the detail?
If so, this opportunity is one not to be missed….
DMW is a high quality and ambitious technology consulting firm with a strong reputation for delivering complex technology transformation projects and programmes across the UK and internationally. Differentiating ourselves from the norm, our benchmarks for talent are set deliberately high to ensure our consultants are as good as can be found. Recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work’ as part of the Best Companies annual survey for the last 4 consecutive years and holding an Investors in People accreditation, our people are at the forefront of everything we do.
About the opportunity
We are currently a team of 70 and our strong and sustainable growth has now created an opportunity for a dedicated People Director to join our Operating Committee (OpCo). The People Director will lead the further growth and development of the DMW team to double by 2022. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, with 3 direct reports, you will provide expert HR leadership and be responsible for developing pivotal HR strategic models to augment the HR function across:
- Recruitment: Working with the OpCo to drive workforce planning by developing and implementing an engaging multi-channel sourcing approach that meets current talent acquisition needs as well as creating a talent pool for future roles. Defining the Employee Value Proposition (EVP) to attract and retain a high calibre workforce.
- Motivation and retention: Build a people team that drives the People Agenda and implement a succession planning programme. Responsible for benchmarking remuneration and benefits and proposing a remuneration strategy to the Board annually for review. Review the appraisal process, training courses and delivery methods, using expert HR knowledge to implement best practice and ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Deployment: Implementing and operating an effective staff deployment mechanism, whilst ensuring effective communications tools in place to ensure employees are engaged and in line with company aims and objectives.
- Strategy: Implementing a roadmap that ensures the People function evolves and supports our growing business over time. Creating and implementing a Corporate and Social Responsibility agenda that reflects DMW’s values, provides our staff with the opportunity to contribute to wider society and helps to develop teamwork within DMW.
About You: you will…
- Be an experienced HR professional in a senior BP or Head of HR role with a consulting, change management or other professional services background used to working in and with a highly skilled employee base.
- Strong generalist HR knowledge across the employee lifecycle but with a real strength in and passion for delivering relevant and innovative resourcing, development and engagement strategies for the business.
- Be intellectually and commercially astute, with strong business partnering and influencing skills and the ability to build credibility quickly at all levels of the organisation
- Be able to drive projects and change while managing day to day activities. A highly organized individual with an analytical approach, able to manage deadlines effectively.
- Have a strong work ethic and be a self-starter. A high energy level with an entrepreneurial flair and the determination to make a real impact on business performance
What we can offer in return
Most importantly, we offer the chance to profoundly impact the shape, direction and growth of our organisation.
The package will directly reflect your contribution to the success of our business, combining a competitive base salary with a performance-related bonus. We also offer pension arrangements and an attractive flexible benefits scheme. Equity stakes in our business are available in return for significant contributions to the development of our business.