Head of HR EMEA
- Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- HR Director, Head of HR
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Contract type
Spirax Sarco is a world-leading business that designs, manufactures and supplies steam and electrical thermal energy solutions to a diverse range of industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We have for the 2nd year running, been voted one of Britain’s most admired companies but it’s our people that makes us special. We encourage innovation and ingenuity, support each other and are passionate about recruiting the best possible talent into our business.
The Head of HR, EMEA will partner with the Divisional Director for the EMEA Steam Business Unit holding responsibility for the People Strategy and HR Operating Plan. Strategic focus placed on people planning, particularly retention and succession planning, compensation and benefits, training and development and performance management.
Reporting to the Divisional Director, EMEA with a dotted line to the Group HR Director. The role will be based in Cheltenham and will be a part of the EMEA Leadership team and also the Group HR Leadership Team.
- Lead the HR function for EMEA division and provide counsel and support to the Divisional Director EMEA as part of their leadership team
- Partnering with the DD EMEA and the Regional leadership team to understand strategic business requirements and Organisation Design
- Align country HR initiatives that support Organisation Design, aligning strategic business needs and HRD strategy for the EMEA Division
- Collaborate with the Divisional Leadership team to identify future talent within each business and drive succession planning activities as standard across all businesses
- Partner regional leadership team on executive level recruitment in EMEA
- Work with members of the senior leadership teams from the businesses to identify and launch employee engagement initiatives that support divisional retention strategies. Strong focus on culture and reward
- Compensation and Benefits planning in line with the Organisation's people strategy
- Overall accountability for ensuring that all HR compliance reporting requirements within the region
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and hold MCIPD or equivalent professional qualification.
- Commercial and HR experience working in a ‘Group’ environment. Non HR experience is not essential but would be advantageous
- Experience of working cross multiple geographies in additional to core HR experience in the UK.
- Must be able to demonstrate a history of impacting companywide strategies and initiatives within previous organisations
- Must show experience of building partnerships at an executive level, being prepared to challenge the status quo and have a strong desire to move the business forward
- Highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong and demonstrable business acumen with a solid strategic Human Resources background
- Strong planning and organising skills coupled with a real focus on customer delivery
- Process excellence and ability to problem solve quickly and effectively
- Additional language ability would be an advantage but not a prerequisite
In return, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Enhanced Group Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Life Assurance
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare
- Cycle scheme vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Sharesave scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurants
- Personal Discounts Portal
- Discretionary bonus
Spirax Sarco Engineering is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.