Senior HR Officer / Assistant HR Manager
- Page Group
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £35000 - £45000 per annum
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
The role will focus on the provision of a generalist HR service to staff and Partners, specifically within a number of fee earning offices within the Northern Regional Group (NRG), namely Manchester, Harrogate, Edinburgh and Inverness whilst being based out of the Manchester office.
One of the UK's top 20 accountancy practices with a network of nine offices in the UK . The firm is independent, but maintains a network of affiliate firms in over 100 countries across the globe.
Reporting to the Senior HR Manager based in the London, the role will involve dealing with a wide range of employee relations issues across the region. As a result of this you will be required to travel to regional offices to deal with issues as they arise (overnight stays may be needed. Flexibility would be required here).
The individual will manage recruitment activity across the whole of the NRG, supported by the Recruitment Administrator in London. The job holder is required to produce regular Management Information reports as well as ad-hoc reports, utilising the HR information system reporting tools. The job holder may be expected to become involved in general HR project work and assist other HR colleagues with recruitment and staff issues within London departments and regional offices as necessary. This may include participating in graduate recruitment assessment days.
The successful candidate must be confident and assertive, with an outgoing personality and an informal, yet professional style. You should have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with a flexible and enthusiastic attitude to work. The position requires good time management skills, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work on your own initiative. You must have good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. You will be friendly and be a supportive team player. You will ideally have experience gained in a Partner led or similar professional services environment.
Candidates must have a good educational background and the relevant experience within a busy HR department.
* Competitive salary depending upon qualifications and experience.
* Assistant manager discretionary bonus scheme, with payments made twice each year
* Contributory pension scheme (4% from both the employer and employee).
* 20 days annual leave. In addition, under the company flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to
buy or sell up to 5 days pro-rated holiday a year, subject to partner approval
* Life assurance cover of three times salary, which may be increased to four times salary under the firm's flexible benefit programme
* The Firm operates a Profit Sharing Plan (PSP) that runs from 1 October to 30 September each year. The scheme
enables staff to share in the profits of the Firm. You will be entitled to a pro-rated payment from the scheme
Full Flexible Benefits details are available upon successful application.