Your new company
A fast paced commercial organisation based in Woking
Your new role
Purpose of the role:
Proactively support the delivery of the long-term business plan, through delivering integrated HR solutions. Together with a dedicated HR Team, provide a right first time, efficient and accurate HR service for all day to day HR issues. Collaborate with other HR Business Partners to provide the Senior Leadership Team with robust, commercial HR Support. Ensure advice and input from areas of expertise (Reward, Systems, Resourcing, L&D) are incorporated in to and processed adhered to in the HR Delivery. Proxy for Head of HR as required
* Provide line management with advice and options for improving organisational effectiveness through organisational design. In conjunction with line management and the Resourcing Manager, creates, implements and reviews a short, medium and long term plan that includes, external hiring, graduate recruitment and other related placements, talent, key asset and succession planning
* Flawless execution of reward and linked performance cycles. Implement and promote reward programmes and opportunities. Identify key reward challenges and make recommendations for change. Champion a culture of informal reward in line with the business values, in operational areas, making recommendation to line managers on how to change and improve the reward culture
* Diagnose people development needs for operational areas as part of resourcing plans linked to business goals and priorities. Identify and create an operational development plan that prioritises both learning and development needs as well as those linked to statutory or policy requirements. Act as a coach to key stakeholders to develop appropriate management and leadership behaviours
* Diagnose the sub-culture of the operational areas and identify the key factors that both hinder and help cultural development in that area. Implement activity to address and collaborate with the HR team to ensure consistent and economic approaches across the business area and wider business. Proactively seek to measure employee engagement in operational areas and implement solutions both at a Company and operational level. Ensure the Company's communication strategy is implemented and implement local informal solutions to increase satisfaction with communication in operational areas.
What you'll need to succeed
* A clear understanding of the commercial drivers of the business and how HR can play a key role in the success of the organisation
* Extensive experience managing all employee relations issues in a complex organisation, including absence management, discipline and grievance
* Extensive experience advising on all matters in relation to employment law. A comprehensive, yet practical working knowledge of employment law will be vital
* Experience of managing organisational restructuring in a complex environment
* An understanding of employee engagement that is beyond the theoretical, and can demonstrate it with practical examples of how to improve it in the workplace.
* Excellent coaching skills
* Knowledge of the process, people and psychological side aspect of change
* An understanding of the difference between management and leadership and how to challenge and develop the leadership capability of their customers through their daily interactions with them.
* A desire to try things a new way and challenge the status quo
* Customer focused and driven
* Can act as an equal player with key business stakeholders and 'hold their own' around the table.
* A trusted partner who challenges mediocrity and assumptions
* A skilled influencer who can demonstrate high levels of HR credibility coupled with the ability to build relationships at all levels quickly
* Confident and a proven ability to overcome setbacks and think in a solution focused way
* Data and metrics driven and a passion for getting things right first time
* A clear ability to articulate how HR adds value to the bottom line
* Commercially focused.
* A consultancy style that blends when to be a coach and when to be an expert.
What you'll get in return
Competitive market base salary
Opportunity to work from home one day per week
Comprehensive employee benefits structure
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.