HR Services Team Leader
- Royston, Hertfordshire
- £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
- HR Manager
- Job Level
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Contract type
HR Services Manager, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, CIPD, Employee Relations, HR Project Manager
Job: HR Services Team Leader
Location: Royston, UK
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
I am currently recruiting for a prestigious, well known organisation based in Royston, who are seeking to appoint an experienced HR Services Manager to join their team. This is a full time, permanent opportunity with generous benefits and a clear development pathway.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the role is responsible for day to day supervision of the HR Services team, delivering consistent first line manager support and efficient HR processes that help to enhance business performance within the UK.
Supporting an employee base of circa 1,400, the role will provide a high level of customer service to business leaders, managers and employees. The HR Services Team Leader will lead by example and will be the first point of contact for all escalations that arise from the HR Services Team which can include enquiries ranging from HR policy, process, employee relations, payroll and reporting, absence management and more.
The role is responsible for ensuring that the service provided by the team is in line with procedure, that workflow is processed efficiently and that the HR Services team is adequately resourced and trained.
* Manage the delivery of all HR transactional and operational services, ensuring processes meet the needs of both managers and employees, whilst supporting the wider HR strategy
* Offer first line Manager support and guidance, ensure a timely and appropriate response is provided
* Manage, lead and develop the HR Services team
* Ensure the timely and appropriate management of employee relations casework.
Be the first escalation point for casework from the team, liaising closely with external legal teams and the HR Business Partners as required
* Work closely with the Talent and Learning teams to ensure efficient and timely delivery of all new starter administration
* Respond to reporting requests, and ensure timely HR information / data collection and statistical analysis is provided by the Payroll and Systems Administrator
* Monitor service performance and provide regular reports and management information to aid effective decision making
* Oversee the Payroll processes ensuring deadlines are met
* Manage HR processes and projects, looking to continually improve HR processes and procedures
* Ensure the internal HR site is maintained including the news updates, calendars, and ensure documents are up to date and the document control library is managed efficiently to meet audit requirements
* Support internal and external audits when required
* Ensure all templates/documents used by the HR Services team are monitored and updated to reflect changes to policy, procedure or employment law
* Ensure compliance with data protection and HR standards, policies and procedures
* Strive for service excellence and work to identify and implement service improvements across all HR Services team delivery
* Provide support to the Head of HR to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, including liaison with HR Business Partners, Talent Advisors and Group HR functions (Reward, Payroll, Global Mobility)
* Undertake ad hoc project work and provide project support to the Head of HR and HR Business Partnering Team.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Degree in HR / Business related or equivalent experience, CIPD Qualified - Affiliate member Ideally
- Team leader experience in an HR shared services or volume recruitment environment
- Experience working within a changing organisation, ideally matrix
- Experience of delivering HR processes in a large organisation and ability to manage projects
- Solutions orientated with the ability to regularly overcome obstacles whilst maintaining a positive 'can do' attitude Employee Relations experience and working with Trade Unions
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.