Senior HR Systems Specialist
- DLA Piper
- HR Systems & Data Analytics
- Job Level
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
We currently have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Cloud HR systems professional to join our People Systems & Reporting team. This is an opportunity to make a real impact in a diverse and interesting environment and contribute your skills and experience within an established, high-performing team.
The Senior HR Systems Specialist will:
Lead the functional maintenance & continual development of the firm's Cloud people management systems and reporting approach. Taking a proactive lead in all relevant projects and contributing own ideas.
Act as escalation point within the HR Systems team in terms of deliverables, priorities and development.
Proactively identify and evaluate technology options to meet or exceed the international firm's needs, as well as implement system changes to reduce system complexity and optimise efficiency across the various HR systems.
Support the Head of People Systems with the development and delivery of the firm's people systems management and reporting roadmap.
Partner with HR, IT, third party suppliers and the business to facilitate continuous improvements and drive efficiencies within HR systems and reporting functions.
Lead HRIS involvement with ongoing and annual HR processes in terms of where these processes impact or rely upon the HR systems and reporting/data.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure the integrity and quality of people data across all HR systems working with internal & external support partners.
Work closely with the internal IT team to ensure continued support and development of HR systems.
Lead on new information requests to gain agreement on report content, development process and delivery timescales.
Ensure the incorporation of new regular reporting requirements into the workload of the Reporting Team, adjusting plans, operational procedures and delivery priorities as appropriate.
Anticipate and proactively mitigate issues and risks to ensure the smooth running of HR systems and data flows.
Lead the HRIS team's response to issues and major incidents.
Lead the investigation, support, correct and prevent issues relating to existing HR and reporting systems and processes, identifying issues and implementing resolution, in partnership with internal & external support partners, in a timely manner.
Manage the HRIS team day to day to deliver on time to established standards.
Identify maintenance requirements of HR Systems ensuring enhancements and additional functionality is factored into the overall HRIS & IT project plans.
Lead in testing upgrades, new implementations and new functionality.
Support users with upgrades and new functionality implementations.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The Senior HR Systems Specialist will have:
- Previous experience of managing HR systems in global organisations, in particular Oracle HCM Cloud products.
- Competency with HRIS applications and the ability to keep abreast of vendor related changes within existing HRIS systems as well as new and developing technologies.
- Expert functional and strong technical knowledge Oracle Cloud HCM and Oracle Transactional BI and related technologies.
- Ability to learn and manage new systems and gain appropriate skills quickly.
- Sound understanding of contemporary HR practices.
- A good understanding of HR and Recruitment services and the business processes that support these services
- Experience of raising and delivering process and service improvements.
- Experience in full lifecycle projects from requirements gathering through to post implementation review.
- The ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several competing workstreams.
- The ability to research information and analyse data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and actions.
- Initiative to identify new opportunities and challenge established ways of doing things.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- A self-starter attitude, and is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team, with a strong client service orientation.
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and team working skills, able to build and maintain trusted relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrable ability to use a broad range of Microsoft products
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.