Standalone Head of HR
- Page Group
- £70000 - £100000 per annum
- HR Director, HR Generalist, HR Manager
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Information Technology
- Contract type
This generalist and autonomous Standalone Head of HR role within this tech-startup based in London is positioned to develop policy and direct and coordinate human resource activities including employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
Well known global brand, looking for a Standalone Head of HR, opening a London based European hub to filter technologies back into their parent company.
The key responsibilities for this London based Standalone Head of HR working within the technology sector are:
1. Culture: Creates a work culture and environment which attracts and retains top talent; develops a strategy to inject fun into the work environment and maintain high employee satisfaction and morale;
2. Talent Acquisition: Develops and implements a hiring strategy and selection process; recruits, tests, interviews, coaches managers on candidate selections, monitors candidate experience to and makes changes to hiring process to provide a first class experience;
3. Talent Management: Manages the performance evaluation and succession planning process; Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and develop employees;
4. Compensation: Establishes and maintains a compensation structure which rewards and recognises the individual contributions of employees; conducts regular salary surveys to ensure competitiveness;
5. Employee Relations: Establishes trust and respect with employees, conducts investigations, resolves employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors; Develops and implements policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absences management; creates and maintains employee handbooks
6. Leadership Development: Effectively communicates to executive level management on important matters for the organisation; acts as an advisor on all HR related matters; provides coaching to executive leadership;
7. On-boarding: Prepares employees for a great start by establishing and on-boarding program and conducting orientation.
1. Employment and Labour Law Knowledge
2. Conflict Management
3. Performance Management.
4. Ethical Conduct.
5. Critical Thinking.
6. Decision Making.
The successful candidate for this London based Standalone Head of HR role within this tech-startup are:
- Prior experience building an HR function within a start-up environment
- 7+ years within Human Resources, ideally 3 of those within a start-up
- Ability to create HR related strategies within a highly autonomous environment
- High degree of credibility; ability to maintain trust and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively; to think critically and commercially around decision making
- Proven analytical skills and sound judgement
- Thorough understanding of UK Labour Law
A salary of £70,000 - £100,000 + 20% discretionary annual bonus