People & Organisational Development (POD) Consultant
- University of Birmingham
- £39,993 to £47,722 (top salary £53,690)
- Change Management, Learning & Development, Organisational Development, Training & Development
- Job Level
- Contract type
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced People and Organisational Development Consultant to work in a leading Russell Group university. Working in a high performing and well regarded POD team, you will act as an enabler to the successful delivery of the University’s 2020 strategy ‘Making Important Things Happen’.
You will work in collaboration with senior managers across the University to develop individual, team and organisational wide development interventions.
The POD consultant will provide advice on specialist POD / Learning & Development issues, and help to design and implement various interventions related to staff development.
• Be a trusted advisor to senior colleagues on all aspects of University wide, team and individual POD challenges / opportunities within a College.
• Plan, design and implement key POD related project work / consultancy support across the University, allocated by Assistant Director of HR - POD / Head of HR - POD, and directly account manage key senior stakeholder relationships.
• Facilitate team development sessions / away days with senior colleagues, and use psychometrics as required e.g. MBTI
• Ownership for and delivery of various key leadership programmes for senior academic and professional services colleagues.
• Be a core member of the internal Coaching academy pool of coaches, which includes 1-2-1 coaching of academics and professional service’s staff.
• Take a leadership role in supporting the growth and development of the Coaching Academy e.g. co-ordinating CPD events, evaluation, marketing, developing the non-POD coaches, evaluation.
• Facilitate action learning sets and create communities of practice for particular grades / roles.
• Design customised development programmes for specific roles e.g. School Heads of Education.
• Support leaders, managers and their teams during periods of significant change.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
• A postgraduate degree (business, psychology) or relevant professional qualification, for example, PG Cert, C&G trainer or CMI/ILM certificate or diploma
• Experienced designing and delivering POD / learning and development related interventions.
• Excellent facilitation skills with credibility at senior levels (academics and professional services).
• A good knowledge of the whole learning and development cycle
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• An experienced coach able to work with senior academics in coaching and 360 feedback exercises, preferably qualified
• Demonstrable experience of managing projects from initial concept to delivery.
• Able to exercise discretion and tact in dealing with matters of a highly confidential nature.
• Good IT skills, and the ability to learn new IT software.
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills
• A high degree of initiative, personal judgement, resourcefulness, resilience, flexibility and a self-motivating approach
• Enthusiasm and willingness to meet challenging and sometimes competing demands
• An ability to manage competing projects effectively, and be flexible in approach as required to support the POD team’s overall effectiveness and delivery requirements.
• A good team worker who enjoys working in a high performing, close knit team environment
• The ability to work effectively with staff at different levels of the organisation.
• The ability to balance the demands of longer term strategic planning with more immediate operational delivery needs.
• The ability to be highly self-motivated and progress activities with minimal supervision, based on high level direction from POD leadership.
• A good understanding of the Higher Education Sector
• CIPD member or equivalent professional body
• An external coaching qualification by a recognised body
• Accredited in at least one of the following psychometric instruments e.g. MBTI, SDI, Hay