Partner Matters - Manager
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Do you have a project management and talent background and a desire to do something a little bit different? Choose partner matters at Deloitte, the biggest professional services firm in the world. Partners are the owners and leaders of our firm. The partner matters team provides a broad range of talent services to our partners, from when they join, as they develop through the partnership, and as they transition to retirement. You have an opportunity to work with the most senior people in our firm, showcasing your skills and experience and making an impact that matters. Your project management skills will shine too, helping the team to prioritise and manage multiple concurrent projects and pieces of work, to deliver a smooth, positive experience to our partner group. Have you got what it takes?
There is an opportunity for a strong Manager to join the team. This individual will have responsibility across the full breadth of the Partner portfolio, and will be focused depending on business need and priority. This will be essential as we balance the need to continue to provide a high degree of support to our UK Partners whilst also transitioning in to the newly established North West European firm.
The successful candidate will have some relevant experience in the areas set out below, specifically project management and broader talent management. They will also have some experience of working directly with Partners or other senior stakeholders.
This role will touch on many aspects of the portfolio, working with the existing senior managers to deliver it and also have a particular eye to changes and new requirements in order that we are able to adapt, respond and integrate into business as usual as effectively as possible.
Flexibility and adaptability is required in the role. As part of a small team of 8, this individual should expect to work with other colleagues in peak times and/or where critical deadlines loom, getting involved where additional capacity and/or expertise is needed.
This role would suit an individual with a project based background, or an individual with experience of working across a broad portfolio of activities, often simultaneously.
The role is located in our London Offices
This is a full time role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Some examples of areas that we would expect this individual to get involved in are:
- Legacy and transition: Project managing the delivery and refinement of our transition journey, which supports partners through the retirement process. This will mainly involve project management, and may also include event design, communications, stakeholder management, and feedback evaluation.
- Partner Portals: Planning for, and project management of, the transfer of the partner portals to new technology platforms and taking the opportunity to optimise partner engagement and self-service. Having an ongoing role in owning and maintaining the two partner portals.
- Partner admissions: Providing support at peak times in the operation of the annual internal selection process where we support the Partnership Committee’s review of our partner candidates for the year ahead.
- Health and wellbeing: Project managing the partner health and wellbeing strategy, to ensure our partners are aware of the wellbeing interventions and opportunities that are available to them.
- Other projects: The role will get involved in discrete projects and ad hoc priority areas as and when they emerge.
Analytical skills are required, as is experience in business writing and deliverable presentation. A high level of attention to detail is essential.
The scope of the role is all UK and Swiss Partners.
The individual who is successful in this role will:
- Understand our business, its strategy and the overall talent agenda for the firm
- Demonstrate that knowledge and bring it into the role, the agenda and the relationships that are established
- Demonstrate commercial acumen within the role, connecting partner matters priorities into real business outcomes
- Be credible and impactful when transacting with the firm’s most senior people – establishing productive peer-type relationships – and be viewed as a credible and sought after adviser
- Have a track record of successful implementation, including highly developed stakeholder management skills and strong planning and organisational capability
- Deliver quality in all that they do, particularly in the creation of formal and informal deliverables
- Be professionally mature – instilling confidence that they operate in sensitive environments with ease and handle confidential data appropriately
- Be resilient, comfortable and composed when working under pressure
- Be responsive, adaptable and open to change – doing what’s required to get the job done
- Have outstanding and impactful communication skills – verbal and written – demonstrating quality in all that is delivered
Note: Some travel to other offices may be required on occasion
You are here: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
As its own distinct directorate in ICS, the team has the ability to operate and deliver cross functionally offering a range of opportunity for a number of skillsets to be successful. It reports directly into our CEO, David Sproul, on strategic matters and our COO, Paul Robinson, on operational matters interacting directly and regularly with our Service Line Leaders, Market leaders and other key stakeholders at executive level in order that it is connected into the heart of our business in the UK.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 146299