- Page Group
- Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- £37000 - £40000 per annum
- HR Manager
- Job Level
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Contract type
As HR Manager you will be part of the Senior Management Team for this successful Tunbridge Wells based business. This is very much a generalist role where you will be responsible for all areas of HR, managing a team of 2.
Our client is a well established business who are part of a larger manufacturing group. They are a great local employer to Tunbridge Wells and can offer real autonomy in this role.
As HR Manager you will report to the site MD and will manage a team of 2. Your key responsibilities will include:
Provide timely advice, coaching and support to line managers on all HR related issues. Including disciplinary matters up to and including ET applications, grievances, flexible working applications, performance management, restructuring, absence management, etc.
- Take a lead role in all aspects of recruitment and selection processes, including attendance at interviews and correspondence with applicants or their representatives.
- Contribute to the improvement of local and Group strategies, policies and procedures; support and promote the implementation of existing strategies, policies and procedures.
- Work with line managers to reduce short term absences; work with the Health and Safety Manager and the OH provider to effectively manage and reduce long term absence.
- Be self-sufficient in terms of overseeing HR administration, including all pay and contractually related items.
- Collate and report on key People metrics in line with existing strategy to ensure clarity and consistency of people data.
In order to be considered for this HR Manager role you will have a generalist background and will ideally have experience of working with and coaching senior managers. You will have a strong understanding of ER and employment law and will be able to manage a range of ER cases.
In addition you will be able to demonstrate strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to manage the operational and commercial needs of the business without compromising the people focus of the HR plan.
Basic salary - £37,000 plus benefits