Assistant Director of People
- HR Director
- North West London
- £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits
- HR Director
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Not for profit / Charity
- Contract type
My client is seeking an Assistant Director of People to manage and develop an effective HR function as this public sector organisation grows and develops.
As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will bring together 3 business segments to improve organisational effectiveness through aligning strategy, people and processes in a way that will facilitate the growth and success of the business in an ever-increasingly competitive landscape. Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Head of HR to provide the support required to achieve the organisational aims and objectives;
- Working with the L&D Manager to lead on the L&D strategy, ensuring that it supports the development of capabilities and behaviours required whilst ensuring a holistic and integrated approach to people management that drives a high performance culture, engagement and efficiency;
- Support the organisation to plan, introduce and manage organisational change to ensure the objectives or change are met.
The successful applicant will have previous experience within the public sector, or an interest in this sector. It is essential that you have previously led on developing and implementing HR strategies, and have managed organisational transformation programmes or projects. Key experience includes:
- Understanding of organisational change and its complexities and demonstrable experience in successfully managing organisational development programmes;
- Proven leadership ability, and the ability to collaborate with and influence senior leadership;
- Extensive stakeholder management experience;
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
A 4 day working week will be considered for the right candidate.