Juniper SLAX Scripting Engineer
Your new role
Rollout of SLAX scripts across various Juniper equipment (PTX5000, MX960, MX480, T4000 etc) to enhance Performance metrics output.
Also to Troubleshoot data flows back to a central collection system. You will work with other DevOps engineers to further develop functionality, enhance the tool and integrate with other systems.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of Juniper Routing and Switching
· Experience with Juniper SLAX
- Experience working in an ISP/Carrier environment.
- Proficiency in PHP, Perl or Python.
· SQL knowledge, including query evaluation and optimisation techniques.
· Experience in Object Oriented Programming/Design.
· Knowledge of internet enabling technologies, protocols & networking.
· Process oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving and problem resolution.
· Degree in a related field.
· Bash and Shell Scripting.
· Prior experience of industry standard software design and development principals such as Unit Testing, MVC Patterns.
· Exposure to version control and collaboration systems such as GIT and Phabricator.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.