Workday HCM Assistant Manager
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- HR Systems & Data Analytics
- Job Level
- Professional Services
- Contract type
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
The use of cloud-based technologies continues at pace and we continue to see that most HR transformation programmes demand technology support, and every successful HR technology programme involves some transformational activity.
At KPMG’s highly successful Management Consultancy practice, we’re working with our clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance. As such, we’re looking for outstanding consultants to join us, grow with us, and develop our HR Technology advisory capability, driving our strategy through large-scale HR transformation. Part of a developing team that will become our ‘go to’ advisers on HR Technology, you will play a key role in the growing of our propositions to sell and deliver large programmes.
At its core, this is a real opportunity to build thought leadership and influence within a fast-growing business area. To join us, therefore, you’ll need to be inquisitive and have a strong, informed point of view. Of course, this will need to be balanced with an unwavering client focus – you’ll have excellent listening skills, and a proven track record of helping clients reach their desired outcomes. We’re looking for self-starters, those with gravitas, credibility, and the natural ability to inspire confidence and empower change. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of Workday, together with broader skills such as Oracle.
With the Workday team in growth phase, you will enjoy high visibility and have the chance to really make an individual impact. You could think of this as an entrepreneurial opportunity – if you have the thought-leadership and spirit to match, we would definitely like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Be a core engagement team member for Workday deployment projects; leading work streams for the duration of a project
• Be in at the beginning and help us to build a thriving European Workday practice
• Support the client through process configuration in Workday and enable them to optimise their processes and maximise the benefits of Workday functionality
• Advise on technical integration of the Workday application with other client and 3rd party applications such as payroll, benefits and finance systems
• Manage onshore, offshore and near-shore resources effectively to ensure the most efficient delivery for the client
• Advise on data migration and data integrity as part of a Workday deployment engagement
• Advise clients on the transformational aspects of Workday in relation to HR operating model, self-service and service delivery, mobility and process execution.
Our candidates should have strong commercial acumen, hunger to learn and develop and be able to thrive in a really fast paced working environment.
• Workday certification required
• Project management, Workday HCM system design, build and deployment experience
• Hands on experience of Workday HCM, including one full life cycle Workday implementation
• Detailed working knowledge of how HR services are delivered at the process level
• Deep functional knowledge of HR plus Compensation or Absence business applications.
• Experience in working with all phases of an implementation life cycle and knowledge of implementation methodology
• Proven relationship-building and influencing skills.
• Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity