Talent Development Advisor
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Talent Development team within our Downstream segment. We are looking for individuals with HR experience and a passion for developing high potential talent and early career employees. The role involves working in a fast paced environment and is focused on delivering high quality talent programs. With experience in developing high potentials, the successful candidate will be proactive, engage in skilful communication and be a strong influencer and partner to the business. The focus of this role will be on:
Managing Downstream's Graduate Challenge Program by designing and implementing a distinct talent program that supports the development and progression of our early career talent pool, ensuring alignment to an integrated talent development framework and the Downstream Talent Strategy.
To program manage Downstream's Female Talent Program, by supporting the delivery of this high potential program for our female and diverse population.
To play the 'Diversity and Inclusion' (D&I) lead role within the Downstream Development Team, in supporting the businesses to drive our D&I agenda and shape a culture that reflects our V&Bs and our cultural foundations.
- Program management of Downstream's Graduate Challenge Program. This includes end to end management the program, ensuring that it achieves the business outcomes and actively supports the development, engagement, retention and progression of this early career talent pool. Activities include: designing 70/20/10 initiatives that support the program's objectives; facilitating sessions that build key skills of this early talent community; liaising with the Regional Challenge Committees to drive impactful and connecting experiences for the graduates in that region; working with the Leadership Academy to develop 'personal effectiveness' skills of the graduates; implementing the demand planning process for Challenge Graduates; integrating Capability Development Frameworks into the Graduate program, ensuring the development of technical skills aligned to the DS Distinctive Capability areas; and support key Apprenticeship activities within the UK.
- Program managing the Female Talent Program: This includes end to end management of the program by adopting a strong focus on ensuring the program achieves its objectives. Key activities include: managing the nomination process, partnering with the external consultancy who delivers the program; working with the Learning Service Centre to implement the program; and managing key logistical elements of the program to drive a high quality experience for the participants.
- D&I Lead for the Downstream Academy: Drive the D&I agenda within the Downstream business by playing a facilitation role across the business that enables the different Downstream businesses to take accountability for progressing the D&I focus areas for their business. Key activities include: preparing high quality pre-reads for senior leadership forums where D&I is on the agenda (e.g. HRSC, the HR LT and D&I Council); participate in key D&I forums (Group, Segment and cross business); supporting the integration of D&I to the talent agenda; conducting regular D&I meeting with the DS D&I tags; and undertaking identified D&I initiatives.
- As a member of the Downstream Talent Team, undertake priority initiatives and activities as required that support the talent and D&I agenda, and that build the team's effectiveness and efficiency.
Degree level (or equivalent) in HR/OD/relevant
- Critical thinking and conceptual skills
- Navigating through ambiguity and complexity
- Skills Influencing and collaboration
- Project management
- Design and facilitation skills
- Strong presentation skills (ppt)
- Maximising value: ensuring competitive ROI with measurable business impact
- Build enduring capability: develop talent for today and future
- Energise people: create compelling, targeted solutions
- Lead though our values: keep safety, compliance & reliability at the forefront of all we do
- Expertise in the design and implementation of talent development programs
- Talent Management expertise
- 70:20:10 solution design & delivery
- Experience of virtual and online learning
- Diversity and Inclusion