- Must have apprenticeship programme experience from a technical environment
- Requires credible team leadership skills & ability to manage a remote workforce
About Our Client
SEMTA Group - The Science, Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies Alliance - is a not-for-profit organisation responsible for engineering skills for the future of the UK's most advanced sectors. At the core of the SEMTA group, EAL is the specialist skills partner and awarding organisation for industry.
They are committed to investing in the industries they serve and the careers of the people working within them. Through industry partnerships and years of experience supporting their core sectors, they have built unrivalled knowledge and understanding of employer skills needs. As a result, EAL's skills solutions and qualifications are respected and chosen by employers to deliver real career benefits for all of their learners.
Collaboration is the cornerstone of everything they do. Their long-term partnerships with employers, professional bodies and their parent organisation Semta help them offer qualifications and skills solutions that are fine-tuned for the needs of their sectors. For their learners this delivers added value and underpins their learners careers in industry.
Through their External Quality Assurance Service they work hand in hand with their recognised Centres to support the highest standards in training and qualifications delivery. For employers, this approach delivers a value-added service and assurance that their learners achieve the standards required by their industry. EAL's Centres can also rely on their dedicated EAL External Quality Assurer (EQA) as a trusted partner for expert support and guidance. In the last ten years, 1.3 million people in the UK embarked on an EAL qualification in schools, academies, university technical colleges (UTCs), colleges, universities, private training facilities and workplaces across the UK. Many thousands more industry employees have benefited from bespoke EAL solutions designed for companies to credit the achievements of their employees.
EAL's industry expertise, coupled with their commitment to quality and unrivalled service levels, means thousands of employers - from blue chip, household names to small and micro companies - opt to use EAL services to develop the skills of their employees.
EAL's unique employee values; creating meaningful opportunities, being proud of their work, promoting great teamwork, and making every day different makes this opportunity for a Head of Quality Assurance & Innovation even more fulfilling,
As the Head of Quality Assurance & Innovation, you will be responsible for the largest team within EAL leading the delivery of external quality assurance, apprenticeship assessment and commissioned services via a highly expert field based team of three Managers and circa 20+ full time External Quality Advisors. Your role ensures that the services delivered are of the highest possible quality to meet current and future strategic objectives and business growth.
The core priorities as the Head of Quality Assurance & Innovation will be to place the customer at the heart of all service delivery interactions by providing an excellent customer experience, as well as embedding a culture of quality and continuous improvement throughout our Quality Assurance Team to ensure on going compliance with regulatory requirements, minimising risk and monitoring and control of sanctions, to enable EAL to continue to be recognised as a best practice Awarding Organisation across all four nations, as well as internationally.
Key responsibilities include;
- Leadership and management responsibility developing a high performing team of experts within the Service Delivery function encompassing EQA; assessment services
- Ensure all products/services are delivered to the highest quality standards meeting both internal and external quality standards, positioning EAL as the Awarding Organisation of choice for the Advance Manufacturing & Engineering sector through our recognised quality of services.
- Deliver high quality assessment services across Apprenticeship standards to generate revenue and growth working with training providers and employers to offer competitive service offerings
- Support and build on the credibility and reputation of EAL through effective relationships, including customer visits and networking to identify potential opportunities to improve our product/service offering and/or identify new product/services adding value to both EAL and our customers
- Maintain awareness of the changing policy landscape across the UK and the Devolved Nations in respect of any different regulatory requirements and make recommendations to both support as well as mitigating risk.
- Contribute to shaping digital road map in collaboration with wider team; ensuring that cost-effective, customer-centric solutions deliver a modern experience for stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Quality Assurance & Innovation will join Semta Group having demonstrated the following;
- Credible experience leading a multi-site/field-based team within a scientific, engineering or manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of Apprenticeship Programme design, development and assessment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Quality Assurance, Compliance/risk management, End Point Assessments, and the role of Awarding Organisations
- Clear commercial acumen with experience of managing budgets, KPIs, and forecasting.
- Ability to travel when required (weekly)
- Understanding for the role of digitalisation Quality Assurance and ability to drive digital innovation.
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £60,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTC13894900Z