Senior Manager - People Consulting (FS Banking - Learning/OT)
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
The Financial Services People Consulting (FS PC) practice in the UK is growing, as we work to help companies deal with an increasingly complex world; and the FS PC team is at the forefront of this growth working with many Retail and Investment Banks, Insurance firms (Life and General) and Investment Management organisations. Our five key proposition areas are:
- HR Transformation
- Learning Solutions
- Organisational Transformation
- Risk and Conduct Change
- Workforce Transformation
We are seeking a Senior Manager with strong consulting experience in Financial Services. The individual must have extensive knowledge and skills in Learning and/or Organisation Design and Development. They must also have proven experience working on and / or leading transformation projects and programmes within Financial Services. This is a high profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development / sales origination, thought leadership / practice development, leading / coaching others and client delivery.
The People Consulting Senior Manager will:
- Lead the delivery of high quality client project work within complex Learning or Organisation Design for Performance programmes. Typical projects would include one / both of the following:
o Learning - identifying business learning needs, design, development and delivery of digital and ILT products, development and maintenance of learning roadmaps, measurement of learning impact and implementation of learning certification
o Organisation Design for Performance (ODP) - conducting a holistic review of a client organisation including design, structure, processes, culture and people - taking into account how to leverage scale, optimise costs, improve productivity, ensure sustainability, speed up decision making and grow capacity and capability over time.
- Work closely with the leadership in People Consulting to drive business growth, quickly developing a strong presence in the FS marketplace as the face of KPMG People Consulting for our Learning Transformation / Organisational Transformation propositions.
- Actively spot opportunities to grow our client relationships and develop our business
- Represent FS as part of the cross-functional People Consulting community internally, contributing to the growth of our practice, methodologies and thought materials
- Drive the focus on Learning and Organisational Transformation in Financial Services consulting, building an extensive internal network, coaching our people and guiding how we go to market
- Lead responses to requests for proposal from major FS clients, managing the writing of the bid responses, proposal documents and accountability for engagement risk, contract / commercial negotiations.
- Take a role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the performance management and development of team members
The successful candidate will:
- Be credible and confident building new relationships at senior levels, ideally already possessing a wide network of advocates, preferably in Financial Services
- Have skill at leading others in a fast paced project environment, coaching teams to higher performance, taking ownership of outcomes and constantly mitigating risk and driving improvements
- Have established themselves in the market place as credible in learning and development and/or Organisation Design for Performance
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in Learning / Organisational Design and Development, understanding best practice approaches to related project delivery and emergent thinking
- Have a robust understanding of the FS sector and its prevalent issues including regulatory change and other hot topics such as Financial Crime, Brexit, SMCR, MIFID and Conduct Risk
- Possess an acute commercial awareness and ability to identify business opportunities
- Have a track record of successfully coaching and developing team members to shape their careers and achieve their personal goals, preferably in a consulting environment
- Show the ability to think disruptively, delivering viewpoints in the market to create new thinking and drive new business opportunities for Learning / Organisation Design and Development
- Have excellent personal, written and oral presentation skills with the ability to influence and inspire others at all organisational levels
The successful candidate will have deliver to the highest standards, acting as a trusted advisor to our clients. They will demonstrate disruptive thinking, innovating and challenging where appropriate. They will lead from the front and develop our consulting practice and people, growing our capacity and capability to deliver. Importantly, they will do this by working in a connected way with our wider consulting practice, trusting and supporting their colleagues and possessing the drive to continuously learn and develop in a fast paced working environment.
Sector Knowledge and Qualifications:
- FS consulting experience and knowledge is essential
- Experience of Investment Banking, Retail Banking is preferred
- Qualifications such as: CIPD, Occupational Psychology, MBA, Prince2 and Coaching would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy