Senior Manager - People Consulting (Corps HRT)
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team help to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed. We do this by focusing on two key areas – delivering the people agenda on large scale, complex, transformational change programmes and transforming the HR function.
In particular, the HR Transformation (HRT) team is focused on the operational effectiveness of the HR function for our clients. This includes: HR Strategy, HR Operating Models, Process Design, Governance, and Technology.
We are seeking a talented individuals with experience leading the delivery of HR Transformation. This includes: HR Strategy, HR Operating Models, Process Design, Governance, and Technology. We are looking for a new Principal Consultant who can help drive our continued growth.
The successful candidate must look to have experience across all of the following areas:
- HR Assessments: Running HR Assessments which review the current operating environment with the objective to identify the issues and opportunities for improvement
- HR Strategy Alignment & Planning: Leading engagements, setting expectations for project scope, timing, resources, and outcomes in line with defining the HR strategy
- Service Delivery Model: Implementing a Service Delivery Model which includes roles, responsibilities, span of control within HR, governance structures, HR Shared Services strategy, development and set up
- HR Technology and Strategy: awareness of HR technology and how it supports and impacts HR service delivery
- HR service delivery model. Experience of leading an HR cloud system implementation is desirable but not essential
- Business Case and Roadmap: Building the business case to demonstrate a value proposition for senior management to make a decision to move forward projectsThe successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead the delivery of high quality client project work for HR Transformation assignments, working closely with colleagues from other services within People Consulting
- Provide specialist HR Transformation advice and work closely with the client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
- Work closely with the leadership in People Consulting to: drive business growth; deliver outstanding client work; and be the face of People & Change to the external market
- Contribute to the business development and sales initiatives including bid, proposal and contract / commercial negotiations with our clients
- Take a role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge, developing thought leadership and supporting the career aspirations of team members
- We are looking for someone who is a natural team player with a strong focus and flair for people development and team leadership.
- Candidates should have established themselves in the market place as credible HR Transformation delivery leads
- Qualifications such as CIPD, Occupational psychology, MBA, Prince2 and caching would be beneficial but not essential
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy