Senior Manager - People Consulting (FS Insurance) BCM/RC
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
The Financial Services People Consulting (FS PC) practice in the UK is growing, as we work to help companies deal with an increasingly complex world; and the FS PC team is at the forefront of this growth working with many Retail and Investment Banks, Insurance firms (Life and General) and Investment Management organisations. Our five key proposition areas are:
- HR Transformation
- Learning Solutions
- Organisational Transformation
- Risk and Conduct Change
- Workforce Transformation
We are seeking a People Consulting Senior Manager with extensive knowledge and skills in Change Management, Cultural Change, Strategy Development and Regulatory Culture Change. They must also have proven experience working on and / or leading Global Transformational Change work-streams or projects, including digital and customer transformations. This is a key role within the team, requiring a balance of business development / sales origination and client delivery.
The candidate will demonstrate experience and expertise in:
Behavioural Change Management -
- Making it Known – including: business case for change, culture assessment, stakeholder analysis, change risk assessment, comms & engagement strategy,
- Making it Real – including: change impact assessment, training needs analysis, change leadership, change approach and plan
- Making it Happen – including: business readiness assessment, drive change interventions and organisational alignment, measure change
- Making it Stick – including: sustain change, align Talent and HR policies and measure outcomes against vision.
Our work in People Consulting is incredibly varied and you will be asked to apply your skills and expertise of different business transformation projects, often with large scale clients. On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Lead the delivery of high quality client project work and complex transformational change projects
- Work closely with the leadership in People Consulting to: drive business growth; deliver outstanding client work; and be the face of People Consulting within the Insurance market and industry
- Represent Insurance as part of the cross-functional People Consulting community; establish a strong internal and external network
- Drive the focus on Insurance and Change and the broader cultural change agenda
- Lead risk / conduct culture engagements and related practice development activities
- Contribute to the business development and sales initiatives including bid, proposal and contract / commercial negotiations with our Insurance clients
- Take a role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the performance management and development of team member.
The successful candidate will:
- Be credible and confident building new relationships at senior levels
- Have established themselves in the market place as credible in the culture, cultural change and change management practices
- Experience in the implementation of regulatory change initiatives e.g. in Financial Crime, SMCR, MIFID, Conduct Risk, Culture audit or other regulatory areas
- Demonstrate capability in one or more of the following areas: HR Transformation, Talent Management, Organisation Design and Workforce Optimisation
- Have experience of working with risk and compliance colleagues and has understanding of the requirements within the regulatory environment
- Coach and develop team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development
- Be innovative and able to generate thought leadership, delivering viewpoints in the market to create new thinking and drive new business opportunities
- Have excellent personal, written and oral presentation skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders (at all organisational levels)
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness evidenced by an ability to identify business opportunities.
In addition, we will be looking for someone who is a natural team player with a strong focus and flair for people development and team leadership. Finally, the candidate should have a hunger to learn and develop and be able to thrive in a fast paced working environment.
Sector Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience of Insurance and Investment Management is preferred
- Qualifications such as: CIPD, Occupational Psychology, MBA, Prince2 and Coaching would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential.
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy