An opportunity to work a leading global professional services firms, located in the Heart of The City of London.
This is a newly formed position. To be the main point of contact and source of expertise for all ER guidance and support for the UK HR Team and line managers across the UK Firm. Ensuring fair and consistent delivery of HR policies and procedures, promoting a positive employee relations culture and maintaining employees well-being, whilst minimising risk and maintaining compliance. The successful candidate will be in the unique position of leading the shape of ER across the UK and lead from the front.
- Understand, interpret and analyse changes in UK and EU Employment law in order to develop proactive and strategic solutions whilst maintaining complian
- Provide comprehensive expert advice to the business leaders and HR Teams on ER cases covering all aspects of the employment relationshi
- Act as a central specialist resource supporting all ER activity including disciplinaries, grievances, performance management, absence, appeals, Occupational Health life
cycle, agile working and any other associated ER activity.
- Accountable for all complex Employee Relations casework, driving the resolution issues from initiation through to closure.
- For each case, identifying and addressing potential risks and ensuring the final decision takes into account commercial factors such as risk of compensation,
reputational damage and potential tribunal claims as well as current employment law and Firm policy.
- Work in partnership with the HR Business Partners and Specialist Teams, to identify ER trends and recommend proactive interventions to minimise ris
- Support the well-being of staff by promoting the use of employee benefits related to well-being, (e. Occupational Health, private medical insurance, Employee
Assistance Programme) as appropriate
- Lead the handling of investigations, employment tribunal or other legal claims, liaising with HR colleagues and line managers to assemble factual evidence and
preparation of documentation.
- Be the point of contact for the escalation of issues, policy and process interpretation
- Mitigate legal employment risk and ensuring a positive, fair and supportive work environment for all employee
- Develop procedures, processes and guidance notes in relation to areas of ER and work collaboratively with colleagues across HR to support the introduction of new or
revised ER policies
- Advise and support HR Generalist and Specialists with the handling of all ER in line with HR policies and with employment law. To ensure HR community is up-to-date on
changes to the legal and deliver training and briefings as required
- Ensure consistent application of Firm HR policies and adherence to best practice in the management of all ER related issue
- Support the HR Business Partners with any change programmes within their client grou To provide advice and guidance to Line Managers in relation to consultation,
restructure and redundancy processes
- Escalate any concerns in relation to HR business risk where advice is not acted upon appropriately.
- Provide data on key metrics for ER related matters; trends in activity, employment tribunal information et
- CIPD qualified with a strong focus on employment law.
- Up to date UK employment law and best practice HR knowledg
- Ability to understand, interpret HR policies, processes and procedures and apply this to advise line managers when dealing with complex ER case
- Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice HR solutions to drive a
high performance culture.
- Ability to interact effectively and quickly establish professional credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Experienced at managing complex ER case work and coaching techniques to support managers and build their capability when dealing with ER cases.