Reward, Benefits & Wellbeing Assistant
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Compensation & Benefits, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, Reward
- Job Level
- Assistant / Administrator /Co-ordinator
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
The HR Reward, Pensions, Wellbeing and Global Mobility team comprises 1 Manager and 2 Advisors and 1 Assistant. The team works closely with the HR Generalists, the Recruitment Team, Employee Relations, HR Systems and Diversity and Inclusion.
The Assistant will work closely with the Head of Reward, Wellbeing and Global Mobility and the two Advisors to provide specialist support to the business. The Assistant reports into and is supervised by the Head of Reward, Wellbeing and Global Mobility.
Key responsibilities include
- Assist as necessary with the preparation of meeting packs for the Salary Review Committee
- Assist with checking submission of data for payroll and uploading to the Rewards and Benefits platform
- Scope to become more involved in the benchmarking and submission of salary data for our salary surveys
- Supports the Senior Advisor as contact for Group Personal Pension scheme for both member and provider queries
- Supports the Senior Advisor with preparation of documents for annual pension processes
- Manages day to day processes ensuring the pensioners payroll is maintained and processed
- Working with the Senior Advisor, liaise between Payroll, Thomsons, Scottish Widows and Punter Southall to ensure reports are accurate and received in a timely fashion
- Assist with meeting payroll deadlines, notifying the payroll team of benefits deductions.
- Responsibility for the day to day management of our benefits and resolving of employee queries
- Work with the HR Service Delivery team to manage the process for all new joiners and leavers, ensure all providers and systems are updated in a timely manner.
- Responsible for updating induction information for benefits and pension, ensuring forms, brochures are kept updated with changes at scheme renewals and throughout scheme year.
- Managing updates to the Flexible Benefits system and dealing with employee questions and requests
- Managing Flexible Benefits systems at payroll cutoff and close to ensure payroll reports are received in a timely manner
- Provide benefit presentations, new joiner inductions and surgeries to employees and trainee solicitors
- Work with the Senior Advisor to create and issue benefit provider renewal reports
- Ensure International benefits are set up for global assignees and ensure benefits are maintained accordingly
- Manage Benefits Admin mail box in conjunction with Service Delivery team
- Creating campaigns to promote benefits and organization of annual benefits fairs
- Prepare International Healthcare recharge report at the end of the financial year to be reported to finance and payroll
- Providing support to deliver the firm’s Health and Wellbeing strategy by co-ordinating events and creating campaigns on relevant topics.
- Ensuring the Wellbeing intranet pages are up to date and links are actively working
- Understand and familiarise yourself with all HR technology that is in use (eg. Cognos, Darwin, Smartstream)
- Take responsibility to ensure that the Reward, Mobility and Benefits HR intranet site is kept up-to-date
- Prepare monthly reports required by Finance (eligibility, salary bill, healthcare recharge)
Ad Hoc / Projects
- Supports the Global Mobility Advisor with ad-hoc requirements as needed
- Undertake ad-hoc project work in line with HR strategy
- Produce ad-hoc reports as and when required for team and for client group when requested
- Scope to develop further in any of the areas within the team
Skills and Experience Required
- Ideally Legal or Professional Services experience.
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and ideally an HR database
- Experience of a Flexible Benefit system, in particular Darwin (Thomsons) is desirable
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Strong numeric skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and juggle tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demanding internal clients
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Strong GCSE’s and A-levels (or equivalent) (A-C). Ideally a degree in an HR related subject
- Must present a professional, friendly and client focused attitude and approach at all times
- Confident and flexible approach to taking on new tasks and projects
- Flexible in relation to hours prepared to work late where business requirements dictate.
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we will not accept speculative CV’s, or any associated terms, sent to the business unless otherwise requested.