Head of Human Resources
• Growing organisation
• HR Lead
About Our Client
Future Academies is an educational charity and multi-academy trust sponsored by Lord and Lady Nash's social enterprise, Future.
Built around a family of high performing schools in Westminster and Hammersmith, the Trust boasts a proven track record of effective school improvement while transforming the lives of children and young people within Central London. We are soon to open our first hub of schools in Hertfordshire.
Future Academies is committed to helping young people succeed and overcome social barriers irrespective of background or starting point, through our inclusive ethos which is founded on knowledge, aspiration and respect.
With the highest aspirations for all its students, Future Academies offers a challenging curriculum that is rich in academic rigour delivered by expert teachers who have a deep knowledge and understanding of their subject.
In line with this vision for education, we also have an extensive Raising Aspirations programme which supports access to university and work through enriching the curriculum experience of all children.
Strategic leadership - devising a Trust people strategy to reflect the Trust's values and deliver structured HR services; implementing the strategy in consultation with senior colleagues; reporting on progress to the Chief Executive Officer.
Onboarding - develop a robust onboarding process with the acquisition of new schools into the group. Managing the transfer process for the Trust's TUPE process in its entirety, including drafting and managing mobilisation plans and undertaking detailed due-diligence.
Customer service - delivering a high standard of structured 'lifecycle' HR services to colleagues, including recruitment, induction, remuneration and benefits, employment contracts, development and learning, performance management and appraisal systems, absence management, caseload management, communication (e.g. annual pay reviews), retirement and succession planning, employment exits etc.; providing line managers with guidance and support on HR issues, enabling them to achieve their business goals; being an approachable point of reference for employees seeking help and advice.
Compliance - delivering zero-fault compliance with the recruitment requirements of the Single Central Register (required by Osted and the Department for Education's 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'); compliance with other safeguarding requirements e.g. mandatory Child Protection training; UK Visas & Immigration requirements; and ensuring that Trust and School policies, handbooks and practices reflect current employment law and best practice, including equality legislation.
Recruitment - establish a recruitment strategy, with processes and protocols to meet the needs of recruiting line managers; analyses of recruitment and staff turnover by role type, identifying local and national trends; evaluation of the most productive and cost-efficient use of recruitment media; and working with the Executive Office to produce high-quality recruitment materials.
Remuneration - advising the Chief Executive and Headteachers on pay and benefits strategy, including the impact of taxation; ensuring the HR Department's mastery of a complex web of pay and benefits across the Trust, including absence and holiday pay, overtime, salary sacrifice; liaising closely with the Payroll Department, ensuring the accuracy of the monthly payroll by supplying up-to-date pay and benefits data to Payroll; providing pay benchmarking services to line managers.
Pensions - providing strategic, administrative and communication support for Trust pension schemes: Teachers Pension Scheme (TPS: government defined benefit scheme for teachers).
Data - ensuring the continued roll-out of the Trust's data system, of recruitment, induction, training, performance appraisal and other processes; ensuring that data is complete, accurate and up-to-date at all times; devising and providing management information reports to senior managers.
Team leadership - leading and motivating a small team of HR professionals; managing their performance; employing the most efficient working practices and increasing productivity and quality; attending designated senior team meetings; developing initiative and technical skills in the HR team; assessing resources and ensuring effective succession planning.
Budget management - ensuring that HR departments budgetis not exceeded; keeping the Finance Department informed in a timely manner of costs.
Develop and manage a robust training programme for all support staff including induction, running appropriate training courses on safeguarding and school specific health and safety compliance.
Managing the relationship with all of the relevant unions negotiating where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
Education & Qualifications:
• Degree or equivalent
• CIPD qualified to Level 7, or equivalent
• Professional Membership of the CIPD
Skills & Experience:
• Proven experience as a Senior HR Generalist who has led and managed a HR Team
• Experience of managing a service-driven HR function
• Strong evidence of leading and delivering as an operational HR Generalist, with experience of implementing HR strategies
• Excellent working knowledge of employment legislation and best practice
• Experience on leading on TUPE transfer
• Proven experience of interpreting and applying HR policies and procedures
• Experience of leading on compliance audits
• Knowledge of HR management information systems
• Experience of managing positive Trade Union relationships, including consultation and negotiations
• Excellent team management, leadership and coaching skills
• Sophisticated influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to influence and persuade at all levels of leadership, employees, staff representatives and trade unions
• Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) and engage effectively with all levels of leadership and employees
• Able to analyse and interpret information to form sound judgements
• Able to build strong, trust-based relationships
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong project management, planning and organisational skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrable commitment, enthusiasm and initiative
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £80,000 plus a generous benefits package
Ref Code: MPTC13895103Z
Closing Date: 14/03/2018