Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line Group
ExCo and Leadership
To provide a professional Resource Management service to the KPMG client-facing teams in Risk Consulting, Forensic service line. The role delivers the efficient and effective utilisation of on and offshore resources through building excellent knowledge of the business and skill sets at Line of Business, Sub Service Line and individual level. The role requires supporting the business to make critical decisions through the insight gained from accurate management information.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Allocation of client facing staff to projects; drawing on robust negotiation skills to resolve conflicts and escalating issues when necessary
• Drive Service Line resourcing across the business by building excellent relationships and making the most of knowledge sharing with the wider team to maximise utilisation by team
• Influencing key stakeholders on resource selection and strategic solutions to achieve maximum utilisation and effective skills / grade mix on projects including increased KGS usage.
• Work with engagement managers to ensure profitability is kept at the forefront of resourcing decisions, and succession planning is taken into account
• Business planning/forecasting i.e. security clearances to support public sector work
• Support Resource Management projects and initiatives where appropriate to aid continuous improvement of the RM function, eg career clinics, PL roadshows and MI
• Attending the weekly sales pipeline meetings and flagging to Service Line Leadership any potential resourcing conflicts, challenges and successes
• Visit client sites as appropriate, to allow relationship building with the client facing team / engagement managers, aid forward planning and ensure forecasts are reflected accurately in Retain
• Support the LoB Resource Managers in the tracking and understanding of headcount movements working closely with recruitment, HR and COO’s.
MI & Reporting
• Reporting on available resources, or those working on non-chargeable activities, escalating issues where appropriate
• Ensuring that Retain is accurate by working closely with their off-shore Resource Administrators
• Analyse resource data and highlight and concerns in periods of peak holiday, training or non-chargeable activities that will impact business performance
• Demonstrating strong commercial awareness when reporting weekly to key stakeholders on MI such as forecast, actual utilisation and lending and borrowing rates, monitoring and investigating discrepancies between the data on a weekly / monthly basis and providing insight to the management team, highlighting any potential concerns of shortfall / over utilisation and any budget challenges
• Provide robust weekly commentaries to support weekly MI and for leadership team awareness.
• Responsible for chasing down and tracking variances between SAP and Retain and that any repeated non-compliance is escalated to the Resource Manager and Service Line Leaders
• Understand and be aware of headcount movement to feed into the LoB Resource Managers and Head Count Tracker
• Contribute relevant management information and feedback where appropriate to PLs for use in moderation meetings for grades B to E within Service Line group
• Build and maintain strong relationships with SL leaders, PLs, BOLs, HOPOs and Performance Managers to support resourcing processes and feedback when required on performance management issues
• Developing strong relationships across the wider resourcing community (UK and International); sharing resources across practices where appropriate
• Support the Performance Management of individuals by working closely with Performance Managers to identify the right opportunities for individuals to allow them to grow and develop
• Responsible for the regular promotion of KGS and Graduates within their SL to maximise learning and growth
• Liaise with Engagement Leaders to seek feedback on performance and utilise this to enhance development opportunities moving forwards
• Meet and greet all new joiners to introduce Resource Management processes and understand their skills and career aspirations and skills matrices are completed
• Meet with all staff before they complete engagements to ensure mini bios and skills matrices are completed and updated on completion of engagements or at least every 6 months
• Achieve / exceed Service utilisation targets across the Service Line group in line with business goals / objectives applying insightful resourcing solutions and optimisation.
• Cascade accurate MI reports that support the business in making key strategic decisions in relation to resources / engagements
• Provide robust weekly commentaries on current utilisation rates, MI and resource challenges / successes so the business are kept up to date on current resource situation
• Strong commercial awareness
• A strong team player
• Flexibility and tenacity
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to use initiative and influence key stakeholders / decision makers
• Confident, assertive and resilient and is able to prioritise their workload during busy periods and comfortable to 'push back' and challenge when necessary
• Ability to build a solid understanding of the line of business and sub service line(s) within which they operate and their strategic direction and business plans
• Ability to understand and balance the business goals along with individual's goals
• Ability to build relationships with client facing staff and represent their needs in resourcing decisions
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
Adviser / Executive / Officer,
UK & Eire,
Recruitment & Resourcing,
The Behavioural Insights Team
Marshall-James Employee Relations Ltd