Skip to main content
Back to results
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
Service Line Group
The purpose of the Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) Manager role is to support the evolution and continuous improvement of the UK’s I&D Strategy in line with the firm’s Vision and Values and underpinning the three key pillars of the I&D strategy:
1) Visible leadership;
2) Sharing and leveraging best practice
3) Commitment to action and accountability
The incumbent of the role will be responsible for:
- Bringing proven I&D subject matter expertise to the firm enabling us to implement and deliver our I&D strategy
- Overseeing and implementing the actions arising from I & D maturity audits for key people processes (Learning, Reward, Experienced Hire and Student Recruitment, Brand & Attraction; Talent; Performance Development, Retention). This involves working closely with People Function Centres Of Excellence leads to identify the key focuses in terms of I & D interventions
- Collaborating closely with the Learning function to support the design and delivery of key diversity training and ensuring that I & D is embedded in our learning offerings to support the ‘Develop’ pillar of the People Strategy
- Working with reporting teams to ensure that meaningful MI is extracted and presented to inform key stakeholders and drive change (e.g. People Survey Data Analysis; Capability and Coverage Group Data Analysis)
- Partnering with a number of key internal clients, providing subject matter expertise and advice to develop Diversity Action Plans to hold the business accountable for driving change across recruitment, retention, development and progression
- Re-invigorating and refreshing the Inclusive Leadership Partners programme
- Leading the I & D initiatives communication strategy internally and externally
- Overseeing our approach to our Employee Network governance and management, ensuring alignment with their activity and the broader I & D strategy
- Adding value by contributing to ensuring that all elements of the strategy are coherent
- Liaising with the Global I & D team on initiatives, events and projects and delivering subsequent outputs
- Keeping abreast of external I & D initiatives, reading and researching best practices and putting forward proposals for review
- Providing thought leadership and guidance on best practice to support strategic thinking and commercial success particularly in relation to people processes
- Where required, support the I & D lead in partnering with external client facing staff who are seeking an I&D input into client work / matters
- Demonstrable experience of working with others in a large, matrixed organisation structure to successfully design and implement projects and programmes that will bring about behavioural change
- Experience of implementing I&D initiatives within a commercial environment and managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Assertive, self-starter with the ability to work efficiently and respond quickly to issues raised or work required
- Good technical knowledge of methods and models of culture and behavioural change, combined with experience of their practical application - Good understanding and experience of the need to evidence delivery and results - confident in gathering and analysing quantitative and qualitative data and communicating conclusions in clear and compelling way
- Excellent project management skills, and ability to manage multiple projects/streams of activity
- A confident and persuasive communicator (verbal and written), with the ability to adapt the style of communication as appropriate to the audience
- Evidence of working effectively under pressure, managing multiple priorities, providing senior level support and guidance
- An effective and innovative facilitator and advisor on I & D aspects of learning and talent projects
- Resilient and able to challenge and persuade senior stakeholders in the face of resistance
- Comfortable working within a rapidly changing environment and dealing positively with ambiguity
- Excellent team-working skills with a proactive, enthusiastic and “hands-on” approach
- Experience of working with information of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Demonstrable prior I & D subject matter expertise is a requirement for the post
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which could assist us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Decisions For Growth
Astrum HR Search & Selection Ltd