- Leigh Day
- HR Adviser, HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
We are seeking to hire an experienced HR Advisor within our Human Resources (HR) Team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with several years of HR experience looking for a broad generalist role.
Main tasks and responsibilities;
- Act as the first port of call for general HR queries and provide appropriate advice and guidance.
- Administer the joiner / leaver processes including all documentation, induction processes and exit interviews.
- Produce new contracts, contractual change letters and employment documentation.
- Handle maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave and parental leave processes including discussions with individuals.
- Prepare the monthly Payroll process for sign off by the HR Manager.
- Support the cyclical MI & reporting including manipulating data in Excel and report writing from the HR database (Cascade).
To be successful you must have;
- Experience of using HR databases (Cascade would be advantageous).
- Competence in Microsoft Office, especially MS-Excel.
- An understanding of employment law and good HR practice.
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective team working skills.
- A “can do” attitude
- A CIPD qualification or be studying towards it.
Leigh Day is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. A copy of the Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request.