Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
Service Line Group
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The Experienced Hire (EH) Recruitment Team is a team of highly specialist recruiters who support the core markets in recruiting diverse talent into KPMG.
The core responsibility of a Recruiter within the EH team is to provide an end to end recruitment process for B-E grade vacancies and facilitate an exceptional client and candidate experience. Reporting to a Functional Account Manager (FAM) the recruiter role will retain a functional specialism but where necessary will flex across more than one Market to respond to business demand.
The role requires significant experience of the end to end recruitment life cycle including the importance of data/policy compliance, together with high levels of organisation, attention to detail, strong relationship management, the ability to prioritise in a changing landscape and excellent client service ethic.
Deliverables and Accountability:
Recruitment Planning and Delivery:
• Working closely with People Leaders and Resourcing to understand current and predicted demand. Agree a delivery plan against open vacancies including understanding prioritisation.
• Understanding business objectives mid-long term in order to prioritise sourcing strategy and build pipelines for future needs
• Working closely with Brand and Attraction counterparts to deliver innovative sourcing initiatives tailored to target market. Focus on building network to increase penetration of target markets
• Candidate Management- Focus on delivering an exceptional candidate experience through the creation of recruitment story, info sharing, understanding the motivations of target audience and working with broader colleague group to develop a candidate experience that plays to these motivations
• Branding and networking- working closely with Recruitment branding to understand the EVP, ensure clear message to market, be an ambassador for KPMG in the market, equally demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the external market, trends and innovation, competitor activity and proactively share this knowledge with colleagues across KPMG
• Requisition Management. Managing end to end requisition process from business briefing, JD creation, sourcing strategy, system upload, working with direct sourcing team to ensure correct selection of / posting to job boards. Accountable for producing a timely action plan and accuracy/quality of information
- Ultimately responsible for sourcing decisions (focus to be on direct sourcing, current approved vendors, diversity, quality and cost, broader strategy, timescales). Provide feedback to hiring stakeholders around best practice, provide advice to business around source mix and influence the outcome as subject matter expert
- Against an open requisition: accountable for defining and delivering a sourcing strategy for each requisition (Direct, via Direct Sourcing Team or via supplier) which will deliver a focussed, multiple channel sourcing solution to produce a high quality diverse shortlist. Supplier briefing (if this is considered necessary) should focus on producing the same calibre of short list
- Against Talent Pools: accountable as above for producing high quality pipeline against the future needs of the business and to build a strong rapport with that pipeline. Agree regular communication/engagement activities with that pipeline to maximise opportunity of conversion at the appropriate time
• Candidate Management: CV review and screening against job description to provide diverse shortlist, conducting robust HR interview (either at assessment centre or other process) to assess against KPMG values and grade capabilities to gather hygiene data, test motivation of candidates and explain EVP with a view to creating a strong platform from which to have ongoing candidate engagement, Effective and positive rejection process, Overarching ownership of Interview process through to completion . Accountable for the quality of recruitment information, quality of candidate engagement, ability to generate further referrals from candidates, and ensuring a smooth and timely process
• Effective engagement with unsuccessful candidates to deliver a professional and constructive rejection message
• Ownership of HRA/Recruiter relationship. Managing communication with HRA team to ensure timely process (managed through exception report), candidate engagement, information exchange
• Offer management: Managing end to end offer/acceptance process including approval tracking, liaising with business and candidate and dealing with any issues. Accountable for maintaining an agreed acceptance rate
• Data maintenance: Ownership of recruitment system data. Accountable for timely updating of system to ensure that reporting accurately reflects current position including managing reports as required by Recruitment Operations
• Ensuring adherence to policies and employment legislation including but not restricted to RTW legislation
• PSL- Supplier engagement and management including regular briefings to ensure that they have the best possible information with which to represent KPMG. Accountable for maintaining the integrity of the PSL and minimising the need to rely on non PSL suppliers
• Support of E2/E3 grade recruiters to assist with managing difficult stakeholder communications, training and development, assisting with issue resolution where required
• Previous in house recruitment experience, preferably gained within an professional services team
• Understanding of the complexities of recruiting specialist markets with experience of working within a matrix environment
• Successfully managing a diverse group of stakeholders often with conflicting requirements
• Seen as an effective and persuasive communicator who seeks insight into the business and acts as an expert advisor
• Understands and champions the importance of data integrity, timely and accurate reporting and uses this information to run efficient processes
• Demonstrates innovation in approach to problem solving and delivering service
• Collaborative team player driving inclusion, leads by example, seeks continuous improvement from self
• Strong networker with excellent market knowledge
• Adapts well to an ever changing landscape, demonstrates resilience, flexibility and energy
• Commercially minded with a focus on the business aims, proven negotiation skills in dealing with suppliers
• Experience of recruiting volume campaigns as well as unique roles and the variances in between
• Knowledge of recruitment systems, knowledge of Excel
• Experience of working within agreed HR policies and processes
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Recruitment & Resourcing
Epson Europe BV