- CMS Distribution Ltd
- Salary £30K per annum with £5K bonus
- Training & Development, Training Adviser
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Contract type
CMS Distribution is one of Europe’s leading specialist technology distributor, a growing and successful business with 350 people across six locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia and China. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and vibrant Training Officer to “hit the ground running” in our vibrant London office.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
You will be required to work closely with the senior leadership team as well as various stakeholders throughout CMS to help identify and strengthen sales and technical skills and abilities,.You will become the systems and process expert and the key contact for the users.
A strategic approach to identifying and nurturing talent is critical to make a positive and measurable impact on the development of all people at CMS.
This role offers a competitive salary with a bonus and attractive benefits such as Private Medical Healthcare, Private Pension and Life Cover.
Your role will require regular travel to CMS sites in the UK and Ireland to facilitate training, and provide the opportunity for travel to Europe as CMS expands.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR A COMPANY LIKE CMS?
As a multicultural organisation, we embrace our diverse workforce and are a true believer in equal opportunities for all. We work hard and we play even harder! We have various social functions during the year which is the perfect opportunity to get our employees out there, having fun, getting to know people and building the morale of our teams. People are our assets and we are constantly encouraging our employees to grow and succeed in their careers.
WHY WOULD A CAREER IN LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT BE RIGHT FOR YOU?
You have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the business. Developing and ensuring all individuals have a clear career path and development plan is your main goal. You are a passionate and driven individual who strives for learning excellence. A natural flair for empowering talented individuals, guiding them to progress their career within the company and setting up a talent pipeline for critical roles. The proven ability to identify a “skills gap” and support the management team and their team members in identifying training and support needs.
WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A dynamic Training professional who is looking for a new challenge within a Group that believes in investing, training and developing quality people to deliver excellent services. You have the technical ability and a sales approach as you would have ideally worked in a sales environment.
Qualification and Experience
- BA/BSc degree, in relevant field, is desirable.
- Minimum A levels or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ sales/technical training experience is required.
- A relevant HR or Training qualification is highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience of SAP WPB is advantageous.
- Vendor or technical accreditations relevant to our sector and offering are highly desirable
- Proven experience of developing and nurturing sales talent within a business
- Creation and delivery of sales and systems training material
- Presenting data and information in a meaningful and applicable format on a large scale
- Coaching for performance
- Designing and rolling out long-term development programmes on a large scale
- Proven ability to learn and understand new business processes and systems quickly
- Knowledge of building eLearning programmes
- A positive, can-do approach is essential for success in this role.
- Flexible, possesses good influencing skills and is prepared to challenge the status quo.
- Professional, organised yet adaptable.
- Willing to travel to the different business locations when required.
- Articulate with excellent communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and deliver against expectations and deadlines.
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities
Identifying Training Needs
- Identifying organisational needs and working with the People Development Manager and leadership teams to define a plan of action that makes a direct impact on skill gaps
- Empowering talented individuals to progress their career through the company, setting up a talent pipeline for critical roles
- Supporting managers and team members with identifying training and support needs
Delivery of Training
- Using coaching at the heart of all initiatives to ensure on-going learning and development
- Delivering sales or technical specific training across CMS sites
- Using a blended-learning approach to support our people
- Measuring and monitoring success and effectiveness of training
- Owning a proficiency matrix, with KPIs based on employees hitting certain proficiency levels
Creation of Content
- Creation and implementation of long-term, scalable development plans
- Creating training content using PowerPoint, webinars and other online resources
- Supporting the People Development Manager with content creation
- Taking charge of the CMS”WIKI” using SAP WPB to develop a library of up-to-date training materials, processes and policies
- Providing 1-2-1 support and sales coaching on an ad-hoc basis
- Reviewing progress and capturing key information where appropriate
- Involvement with the decision-making process for changes to systems and new technical projects
- Submit weekly People Ops report, to summarise changes, trends and developments with People across the business.
If you are interested in the applying for the role of Training Officer click the apply button and send over your CV and a cover letter.