Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
Service Line Group
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team help to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed. We do this by focusing on two key areas – delivering the people agenda on large scale, complex, transformational change programmes and transforming the HR function.
We have 6 key capabilities that work across the sectors:
- Behavioural Change Management
- Human Resources Transformation and Technology
- Organisation Design for Performance
- Talent Management
- Workforce Intelligence
- HR Deal Advisory
We are seeking a People Consulting Director with extensive experience of working within the Corporates Market, working closely with clients across Consumer Markets, Telecoms, Media, Technology and the Leisure industry. This is a high profile role, with accountability for elements of the development and delivery of the People Consulting strategy in our Corporates Sector; requiring a balance of business development / sales origination, client delivery and leadership. Specifically we are looking for considerable knowledge and experience of Behavioural Change Management; Organisation Design; Talent and/or Workforce Optimisation
- Sit on the leadership team of People Consulting representing the B2C market as part of the cross-functional leadership community of Directors and Partners within Corporates
- Work closely with Partners and Directors across Management Consulting to: drive business growth; deliver outstanding client work; and be the face of People and Change within the Corporates Market
- Lead the senior level conversations on the People Consulting agenda with assigned clients
- Drive the focus on the Organisation Development; Behavioural Change Management; Talent and/or
Workforce Optimisation programmes in the Corporates sector
- Lead the business development and sales initiatives including bid, proposal and contract / commercial negotiations for assigned clients
- Support in leading the team, motivating circa 20-30 People Consulting professionals
- Take a significant role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the development of team members
Qualifications and skills
- Be credible and confident building new relationships at leadership level
- Be comfortable talking with CROs, CHROs and senior responsible people on topic of change, transformation and culture
- Coaching and development skills for team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development
- Be able to generate thought leadership, delivering strong viewpoints in the market to both create new thinking and drive new business opportunities
- Have excellent personal, written and oral presentation skills with ability to influence senior stakeholders (of all organisational levels)
- Qualifications such as CIPD, Occupational psychology, MBA, Prince2 and coaching would be beneficial but not essential
Knowledge / Experience
We are looking for someone who is a natural team player with a strong focus and flair for people development and team leadership.
- Demonstrate a proven track record on leading large and multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrate a commercial awareness evidenced by an ability to identify business opportunities
- Demonstrate capability in scoping large scale Organisation Development; Behavioural Change Management, Talent Management and/or Workforce Intelligence learning transformation projects for global clients
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Director / Head / VP,
Epson Europe BV