Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
Service Line Group
Job Title: Compensation Advisor
Country: United Kingdom
Location: Canary Wharf
The Compensation team provides compensation support to the UK firm of around 15,000 employees. Reporting to the Compensation Manager, the role will be to support the team to deliver and manage the UK compensation strategy and all compensation-related initiatives. The role is a key part of the wider Performance and Reward team.
The role will be based in Canary Wharf, with the requirement for some travel to the Watford office.
• Support the UK Compensation team in the coordination and delivery of the annual salary and bonus review process across the UK businesses in line with firm-wide guidance and reward strategy.
• Providing compensation advice to client groups with queries on subjects such as reward strategy/policy, benchmarking, bonus plans etc.
• Provide strong analytical support for compensation initiatives and projects. This will include the analysis of data for the purposes of financial pay modelling, equality of pay reviews, and ad-hoc statistics.
• Source and maintain all market benchmarking data. Responsible for internal data collection and input into external salary, bonus and benefits surveys and ensuring that all KPMG’s inputs are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Understand and analyse survey output from electronic files and online databases as required and being able to identify trends and interpret this to internal stakeholders.
• Support and deliver on ad hoc requests for benchmarking exercises, market reviews and job evaluations.
• Work in collaboration with systems specialists to ensure that systems are developed and maintained to support reward activities, and the appropriate MI reporting is developed and delivered.
• Develop and deliver briefing sessions/WebEx to HR colleagues and key stakeholders on compensation activities and tools, in order to cascade guidance and new developments as required.
• Work closely with HR colleagues to ensure that knowledge is shared and HR colleagues are able to support compensation activities with their clients in accordance with firm-wide strategy.
• Building relationships with external stakeholders and suppliers (such as survey providers). Representing KPMG at survey user group meetings, and recording and sharing the competitor intelligence gained, as appropriate.
• Keeping up-to-date with market developments/movements and being able to interpret this to internal stakeholders.
• Proven track record of creating salary frameworks, involvement in salary & bonus review cycles, sourcing/collating market data.
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills with advanced Excel skills (vlook ups, pivot tables, IF statements).
• Experience managing large data sets, with excellent attention to detail.
• Proven ability to deliver high quality reports/presentation and analysis.
• Be a self-starter with the ability to work within ambiguity and able to execute according to project plans with a high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to plan and prioritise own workload within a busy team and successfully achieve project-related tasks with relatively little supervision.
• A great communicator and influencer of audiences at all levels in the organisation.
• Working knowledge of SuccessFactors would be an advantage.
• Experience within a Professional Services organisation or Partnership.
• CIPD qualified or Diploma in Reward Management preferred.
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
At KPMG, we recognise that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand and appreciate that those with experience who have taken a career break still have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
Adviser / Executive / Officer,
UK & Eire,
Compensation & Benefits
Decisions For Growth
Astrum HR Search & Selection Ltd