This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone from a high volume or programmatic hiring background t to move into the graduate resourcing space. Forming part of the central graduate resourcing team, with specific responsibility for IST (Integrated Supply & Trading) and a cluster of other disciplines, this role leads and manages the effective recruitment of high quality graduates into BP, ensuring we recruit a high quality and diverse pipeline of talent for the UK. Working in partnership with Canary Wharf based IST Resourcing Advisor, this individual will provide dedicated resourcing advice and guidance to the IST business in order to ensure that all intern and graduate resourcing activity is executed to the highest standard.
- Devise an annual plan for IST and other disciplines to ensure a fast, flexible and robust selection process
- Plan and deliver the schedule of recruitment events and manage the end-to-end recruitment operations for graduate and intern hiring for their disciplines.
- Conduct telephone and face-to-face interviews with candidates as required
- Work with the appropriate segment/function leads to ensure target numbers for Graduates and Interns within each discipline are set in a timely manner and the relevant level of 1st placement detail is provided to facilitate swift offers and high levels of acceptance
- Again, working with appropriate segment/function leads and the 20CS based Graduate Resourcing Advisor to ensure sufficient resources are available and engaged to support assessment activities
- Through the GR Coordinator, ensure all assessment activity is delivered in a professional and efficient way, reflecting BPs culture and values and meeting and exceeding expectations of candidates and customers
- Monitor candidate pipeline actively to ensure the successful hiring of the best graduates to meet target numbers.
- Oversea the offer management and onboarding process of Interns and Graduates with their disciplines
- Act as an ambassador for BP at selection and assessment events.
- Build personal relationships with top candidates to ensure maximum take up of offers (90% plus).
- Work collaboratively with Line Managers, Assessors and Mentors, and oversee the final assessment and onboarding process
- Support the wider Operations Team and GRT when needed, for example, Discovery Days, Inductions and assessing for other disciplines
- Brings about innovations and improvements within the recruitment process as necessary to ensure that BP is ahead of the market and viewed positively by target students
- Deliver interviewer and assessor training at multiple BP sites to ensure business support for recruitment events
- Plan and manage preparation and facilitation of assessment events. Ensure all logistics, materials and administration have been prepared and that events run smoothly for candidates and assessors alike
- Build and maintain relationships with key segment and function stakeholders in line with Resourcing Service Delivery Model, collaborating closely and keeping them informed throughout
- Provides a high level of communication to business stakeholders to ensure success of the recruitment programme, escalating issues where necessary
- Builds in depth knowledge of relevant skill areas and/or segment requirements
- Lead improvement activities; influencing and engaging stakeholders effectively. Quickly builds credibility as a resourcing expert.
- Produce regular and insightful resourcing data and reports to show progress against key measures
- Play an active role in a number of BP campus teams
- Actively manage the relationship with Careers Advisory Services and Development Office at these campuses, ensuring BP's position on campus is fully exploited
- Maintain a high level of awareness of competitor activity on campus, guiding and advising the Campus Team accordingly
- Act as 'expert' recruiter to Campus Team, setting high expectations and influencing the annual activity plan to ensure that BP is well positioned and fully active on campus
- Provide insight and data to campus team about graduate market and performance of team
- Manage a campus budget effectively, to ensure optimum return on investment.
- Work closely with other Advisors to ensure maximum alignment and leverage of best practice
- Work proactively with members of regional graduate recruitment teams, to share practice and gain maximum benefit of graduate applicants worldwide
- Work on key recruitment projects as required
- Acts as a diversity tag to ensure we recruit a diverse group of students. This includes up-skilling the recruitment and campus teams.
- Strong understanding of the graduate recruitment marketplace achieved through time spent working in a similar role
- Previous experience of working within the HR/Resourcing function of a large, complex organisation
- Knowledge gained in attracting and selecting a range of high calibre, diverse graduates/interns
- Skilled in preparing and delivering effective presentations
- Understanding of competency based selection and assessment tools / techniques and experience of facilitating assessment centres
- Demonstrable experience of building relationships across a large, matrix organisation
- Experience of planning and implementing specialist recruitment campaigns which include niche/hard to fill roles
- Knowledge gained in attracting and selecting high calibre Interns and graduates
- Familiar with best practice Resourcing activities and processes
- Bias for action and history of delivery against timelines and within budget constraints
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to influence stakeholders to adopt standardised solutions
- Exercises wise decisions - ability to lead decision making to ensure fair and defensible employment decisions.
- Strong organisational skills