Skip to main content
Back to results
This job has expired
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
Service Line Group
The use of cloud-based technologies continues at pace and we continue to see that most HR transformation programmes
demand technology support, and every successful HR technology programme involves some transformational activity
At KPMG’s highly successful Management Consultancy practice, we’re working with our clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance. As such, we’re looking for outstanding consultants to join us, grow with
us, and develop our HR Technology advisory capability, driving our strategy through large-scale HR transformation.
Part of a developing team that will become our ‘go to’ advisers on HR Technology, you will play a key role in the growing
of our propositions to sell and deliver large programmes. At its core, this is a real opportunity to build thought leadership and influence within a fast-growing business area.
To join us, therefore, you’ll need to be inquisitive and have a strong, informed point of view. Of course, this will need to be balanced with an unwavering client focus. You’ll have excellent listening skills, and a proven track record of helping clients reach their desired outcomes. We’re looking for self-starters, those with gravitas, credibility, and the natural ability to inspire confidence and empower change. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of Workday, together with broader skills such as Oracle.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented individuals with experience of Workday implementation. This is a high profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development / sales origination and client delivery and reports to the role reports into the UK head of HR Transformation and sits on the HRT leadership team.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Drive Workday sales in the UK, across all segments, working with the existing People & Change partners and directors
and the rest of the HR Transformation leadership team.
- Ensuring that sales materials for use with Powered demonstrations, and other sales messaging are up to date.
- Actively manage the Workday pipeline opportunities at all stages.
- Promote the KPMG Powered HR and Workday brand in the market with clients and at conferences to ensure we are visible and recognised as a leading player in this space.
- Work closely with the KPMG Workday Alliance team, actively engaging with Workday to ensure a positive relationship and to identify and pursue joint business opportunities.
- Organise joint events and help develop a joint go-to-market plan for selected clients.
- Manage the Workday practice
- Workday capability management – Manage the certifications of the team and determine where new certifications are needed.
- Identify training needs and ensure training events are in place. (This includes supporting our offshore team in India)
- Ensure successful delivery of the Powered HR projects that you have delivery responsibility for utilising KPMG’s 3 tier model (MC, Delivery centre & Offshore).
- Create engagement and motivation in the team, through communications, Workday community meetings, pastoral care etc.
- Identify recruitment needs and drive the internal business case to secure recruitment spaces. Work with recruitment to
identify suitable candidates and bring them into our business.
- Oversee resourcing for Workday professionals in our team, working with the KPMG engagement leads to ensure that the right resources are deployed onto the right opportunities.
- Monitor utilisation of the Workday team and take action, working in conjunction with the resourcing manager and the HRT partner lead, to maximise it.
- Drive innovative thinking into our Powered Workday proposition, ensuring that we are at the forefront of technical developments within this space.
Qualifications & Skills
We are looking for someone who is a natural team player with a strong focus and flair for people development and team leadership.
- Workday certification required
- Have excellent personal, written and oral presentation skills with ability to influence senior stakeholders (of all organisational levels)
Experience & Background
- Significant years of experience that should allow you to demonstrate expertise on configuration and / or project management of enterprise software deployments (or equivalent)
- Deep functional knowledge of HR, Payroll, and talent management business applications.
- Project management, Workday HCM system design, build and deployment experience
- Demonstrate a commercial awareness evidenced by an ability to identify business opportunities
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
UK & Eire,
Director / Head / VP,
Burges Salmon LLP