Investec is a bit different to other banks, especially from a Reward perspective. We reward people based on contribution and not set structures and frameworks. We have an incredibly collaborative culture where everyone’s opinion counts and the focus is on the client. Our strength as an organisation comes from our ability to find those people who, like our clients, share a passion for high performance and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
This role is a great opportunity for the right person to come in to the team and do exactly that. It is a small team and you are guaranteed great breadth, scope and a lot of exposure. You will be encouraged to challenge processes, think through challenges and have a direct impact on how we consult on reward.
Reporting to the Global Head of Reward, this role will provide specialist reward support to the UK Specialist Banking and Wealth & Investment HR teams and business leaders.
The role will include the following key responsibilities:
Management of the annual salary and bonus review process for the Specialist Bank (all regions excluding South Africa and Mauritius), including:
• Process management,
• Communication with HR and business leaders,
• Modelling and analysis
• Presentations to review committees,
• Preparation of Remuneration Committee papers, and communications to employees
Responsibility for elements of reward governed by remuneration regulation, including:
• Monitoring external developments
• Modelling and defining options in response to regulatory changes
• Ensuring compliance with regulations
• Making relevant disclosures
• Managing communications with senior stakeholders and Material Risk Takers
Other reward responsibilities include:
• Communication and update of share schemes to employees
• Managing reward processes to enable global mobility
What you need?
• Experience in a similar role, with a good understanding of the management of reward programmes and processes
• An understanding of the remuneration and regulatory framework in financial services
• Some understanding of share plans
• Knowledge of market pay benchmarking
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in excel, capable of manipulating and presenting data accurately and efficiently using complex formulas, functions and macros