Learning Manager, Risk, 6 month FTC/SEC
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
The UK firmwide learning team and the Quality, Risk and Security Community is looking for an innovative digital learning professional with excellent business partnering skills to co-create a culture of risk intelligence. This is a chance to build relationships with risk professionals and shape the creation of an innovative digital agenda to meet the evolving risk needs of our work force.
Risk Learning Manager.
- Contribute heavily to the QRS strategic approach to delivering firm-wide learning on compliance, quality and risk management imperatives.
- Responsibility for delivery of the operational learning needs of the firm covering compliance, quality and risk management.
- Drive adoption of a risk intelligent culture across the firm.
- Develop and implement behavioural change management approaches and processes.
- Engage very closely with and manage stakeholders across the QRS community on their learning specialist requirements.
- Champion the benefits of quality and risk within the wider business
- Work with the wider central learning function on company wide initiatives
The individual will report to and receive direction from Diane Yates in the Central Learning team, but will liaise directly with Sophie Facey (reporting to David Thirlwell the QRS COO) as the primary client.
The role is based in London, with an expectation of occasion travel within the UK and Europe to work with vendors and regional contacts within the firm. Whilst it’s a natural expectation for the role to build relationships through physical presence, the Quality, Risk and Security Community actively embrace an agile working mentality across campuses and from home.
This is a permanent, full time opportunity. However we are committed to agile working and supporting people to work smart and be able to achieve a work life balance.
- Design, develop and deliver innovative, engaging and resonant learning products to meet the business requirement, with a particular focus on digital products
- Partner with learning system administrators to drive innovative functionality in risk systems and technology
- Collaborate with Central design and digital teams to design, develop and deliver innovative, engaging and resonant learning products to meet the business requirement, with a particular focus on digital products
- Work with key business stakeholders to interpret learning requirements and drive strategic Learning Needs Analysis
- Facilitate learning and awareness sessions across all grades, industries and service lines
- Conduct, manage and measure the impact of learning campaigns
- Conduct out end to end behavioural change management assessments, in order to make recommendations on:
- change leadership
- stakeholder engagement
- cultural and behavioural analysis including but not limited to:
- Conduct studies of physical work environments, organizational structures, communication systems, group interactions, morale, and motivation to assess current approach and attitude to risk.
- Utilise interview techniques, rating scales, and psychological tests to obtain information about risk specific physical, mental, and educational requirements
- Observe staff and partner reactions to QRS products, and to advertising efforts, using surveys and tests.
- Review performance management result from the firm, around risk management competencies
- Report on findings and make recommendations to Risk Executive and wider QRS Community to put findings into action
- Implement and manage change activities in line with Risk Executive direction
- Measure the success of behavioural change programmes through the use of analytics and robust benefits management
- Train others on behaviour change techniques, including approaches to testing, selection, and analysis of results.
- Project manage allocated risk learning development projects
- Contribute to the strategic direction of wider risk learning and awareness activities across the firm
- Influence and motivate the DTTL global risk awareness working group on global learning initiatives, products and support
- Design experience, in particular instructional design
- Experience with digital authoring, in particular with respect to developing learning products
- Experience in managing a community of stakeholders
- Experience developing risk training in a professional service context
- Leadership of a training/learning/behavioural change function and team
- Effective and dynamic facilitation across multiple grades and functional areas
- Management of a remote or delivery centre team or resource pool
- Practical behavioural change experience, preferably within a corporate or public sector environment, would be helpful
- Any additional exposure to quality, security or risk management themes would be helpful
You are here: Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Deloitte are champions in learning and development. After all, our people need to be the best and brightest to perform the work we do. Where we see industries that are becoming more competitive to do business, where the pace of innovation is growing exponentially, and against a back drop of ever increasing regulatory scrutiny, we need our people to excel in navigating the risk landscape. This is where you come in.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 142196