Payroll & Benefits Manager
Work somewhere awesome
Careers with Hawksmoor Group are among the best – generous pay and benefits, award-winning restaurants, unrivalled career opportunities and some of the happiest people in the busi-ness (as voted by the people who work here). The Sunday Times has recognised us in their Best Companies awards, for six years in a row, as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the UK.
Work hard and be nice to people
As our Payroll & Benefits Manager you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks of the payroll and HR departments, making sure that the people who work at Hawksmoor Group get the right pay and benefits at the right time, whilst delivering an accurate and efficient fortnightly and monthly payroll service.
You’ll have proven experience working with computerised payroll systems and Microsoft Office programs, as well as up-to-date knowledge of HMRC legislation. You’ll be responsive to the business and flexible with hours at peak times (and we’ll be flexible where we can to help you balance your work with your life too). It would be great if you have experience supporting HR admin, but we give you lots of training and support if not. Accuracy and attention to detail are really important for this role, but our best employees also genuinely really care about the people who work here, being great communicators, super organised and willing to adapt and learn on the job.
Here are a just a few of the things you’ll be working on:
• Processing fortnightly, monthly and year-end payroll
• Taking care of the joiner and leaver process, including immigration compliance & making sure it all goes smoothly
• Updating and amending employee files as well as creating, maintaining and updating our payroll processes
• Managing company and statutory benefits and loans, making sure that our great benefits package is well managed
• Managing processes and pay for maternity, paternity and sick leave
• Being the first point of contact for salary, payroll and benefit queries
• Weekly and monthly payroll and HR reporting
• Supporting the HR team with annual pay reviews, employee surveys and HR statistics
We support you with the tools and training you need to be the best you can be, and we offer an attractive package of benefits that include:
• Company pension (we will match your contributions up to 3% of your salary)
• Discounted health and fitness benefits
• Additional paid maternity and paternity leave to help you care for new additions to your family
• Income protection insurance for critical illness, and life assurance
• 50% discount at Foxlow and Hawksmoor restaurants
• An optional paid day each year to use for volunteering
• Exclusive savings on travel, shopping, restaurants and more
• 28 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)