NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 25 hours of television news programming with the top-rated NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and Meet the Press programs as well as America’s longest-running morning news program, TODAY. The network’s primetime newsmagazine, Dateline provides a variety of in-depth stories week in and week out ranging from mysteries and breaking news to hidden-camera investigations and documentaries. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital Group, includes NBCNews.com, TODAY.com, MSNBC.com, NightlyNews.com, social media, apps and all of the network’s digital initiatives.
In this exciting role you’ll be responsible for providing holistic generalist HR support for NBC News International in the London Bureau and various locations across the globe. The role will report into the HR Director for NBC News in New York. NBC News is expanding its’ international footprint with partnerships and additional investment in international content. This role is an important partner to News leadership and the HR teams in the US and International. The role will help drive and execute on strategic priorities for the business. The role requires exceptional business partnership, solutions focus and the ability to support employees in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Working closely with business and HR leadership own and drive the NBC News HR priorities for International
- Be the first point of contact for all HR related activities for the NBC News leadership team, line managers and employees in International.
- Support and manage annual business cycles, including talent review, performance management, pay review, headcount planning & budget management
- Contribute to HR agenda for NBCUniversal International, and act as an active participant and collaborator within the International HR team.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with specialist and generalist International HR teams, including Reward, Global Mobility, Talent Acquisition and Development.
- Operate at all levels of the business, providing support on all aspects of the employee lifecycle including;
- Work with the Talent team to find and attract the best candidates to the News function. Oversee the overall recruitment process and create pipelines for permanent and freelance roles.
- Guide hiring managers through the selection process for the role whilst ensuring consistency and fairness.
- Ensure that all candidates receive an excellent and consistent recruitment and on boarding experience.
- Be a brand ambassador throughout the hiring process to all internal and external resources.
- Manage and resolve complex employee queries.
- Advise, coach and support managers on performance management practices (including informal performance meetings, performance improvement plans), disciplinary and grievance processes, flexible working, maternity, paternity, shared parental leave etc. Ensure accurate records are kept.
- Collaborate to support culture change, ensure values and behaviours are consistently communicated and upheld.
- Lead and work with business on any restructure and redundancies processes if required.
- Assist in putting together business cases as required, e.g. for promotions and salary increases.
Learning & Development
- Get to know your talent across your entire client group and pro-actively partner with all levels of Management to identify business needs, skills gaps and development opportunities for your group.
- Partner with HR News team in NY to identify high potential talent and roadmap appropriate development opportunities.
- Work closely with internal Learning and Development team to share that knowledge and partner them and the business to provide the most suitable solution via TalentLab experiences, Core curriculum or other suitable solutions.
- Be a brand ambassador for the development offerings and ensure you and your Managers are fully aware of the opportunities and the overall curriculum.
- Support key HR initiatives, including performance management, succession planning, annual surveys and key employee communications. Create and deliver HR presentations to employees including but not limited to new hire induction, annual appraisals, performance management tools and company benefits – all in line with the Central team’s offerings and guidance.
- Work closely with the Global Mobility team to maintain best practice standards on immigration processes. Ensure any potential International relocations are discussed and budgeted well in advance of relocations being agreed.
- Update Global Mobility on any changes to any company sponsored employee’s details.
- Manage relocation cases from start to finish, ensuring that Resident Market Labour Tests are completed when recruiting.
- Ensure HR Coordinator has clear and accurate data for any payroll administration or changes, ensuring all actions from new hires, leavers, merit increases and benefits are accurately recorded in SAP.
- Manage healthcare plan offering in collaboration with the Benefits team.
- Work with the Reward team to obtain accurate benchmarking information in light of headcount requests and work to agree pragmatic solutions that meet business requirements.
- Advise on freelance and staff setup, ensuring custom solutions are implemented as needed that comply with NBCU practices. Ensure all contributors have appropriate terms and conditions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- CIPD qualified (desirable but not essential)
- Proven HR business partnership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Ability to multi-task and to be flexible is essential.
- Extensive generalist HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management, coaching, change management, talent management, attraction and retention.
- Strong understanding of local employment law and know where to access expert advice for any relevant countries.
- Proven experience and knowledge of Global Mobility and immigration procedures.
- Display a high attention to detail and a methodical approach. Ability to prioritise workload, excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to be discreet and professional when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Have an adaptable, collaborative and open style with demonstrable ability to navigate through a complex matrix organisation spread across numerous International territories.
- Possess a solution orientated mind set who has the ability to deliver on potentially complex matters in a timely and efficient way.
- Have excellent stakeholder management ensuring all parties are kept up to date and clear on progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A passion for News and Media content and experience working within a live production environment would be advantageous
- Fluency in French would be advantageous
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Fluent in English
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.