What does an employee relations advisor do?
The ER advisor helps to ensure a fair and consistent approach to an organisations policies and procedures, thus promoting a positive ER culture within the business, whilst minimising risks.
Employee relations advisor responsibilities/accountabilities:
- To advise, guide and support managers with all matters relating to employee relations
- Effective case management of people related issues such as: disciplinaries, performance management, employment tribunals, grievance and absence management
- Developing effective relationships with the business to promote good employee relations across the organisation
- Monitoring trends in employment practices and advising on appropriate proactive action
- Providing advice and guidance on disciplinary and welfare cases, capability, grievance, and coaching managers where appropriate.
Employee relations advisor skills/essentials
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competent IT skills
- Good knowledge of employment law
- Knowledge of ER procedures and processes such as employment tribunals, disability, diversity and equal opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels