Employee Relations Advisor job description
What does an Employee Relations Advisor do?
The Employee Relations Advisor is usually the first point of contact for senior managers and other personnel to provide advice and support on all employee relations issues. The ER Advisor helps to ensure a fair and consistent approach to an organisations policies and procedures, thus promoting a positive ER culture within the business, whilst minimising risks.
Employee Relations Advisor - responsibilities/accountabilities:
- To advise, guide and support managers with all matters relating to employee relations
- Effective case management of people related issues such as: disciplinaries, performance management, employment tribunals, grievance and absence management
- Developing effective relationships with the business to promote good employee relations across the organisation
- Monitoring trends in employment practices and advising on appropriate proactive action
- Providing advice and guidance on disciplinary and welfare cases, capability, grievance, and coaching managers where appropriate.
Employee Relations Advisor - skills/essentials:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competent IT skills
- Good knowledge of employment law
- Knowledge of ER procedures and processes such as employment tribunals, disability, diversity and equal opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels